◾ Chapter - 17 ◾

^Picture of Jacob Hood on the top people. ^

*Chloe*

"Chloe.... Chloe..."

"Mom... Where are you. Mom talk to me."

I stand in a dark room as mom's voice calls for me. The place is so huge that I can't pin point the source but I hear her calling. Her voice is feeble, like she is in pain. Like she needs my help.

*Bang Bang*

Gun shots sound somewhere behind me and I start running in the direction. "Mom..." I scream Tears roll down my eyes blurring my vision. And when I wipe them off, I see her. She's lying on the floor, motionless. 

But why isn't she moving. "MOM." I run towards her, only to find her covered in the red liquid. 

"Mom wake up... Help is on its way. Dad's on his way." Everything is on repeat, like its happening all over again. Suddenly someone's voice echoes around me. Someone's laugh to be exact. A vicious, chilling to the bones laugh. 

"Who's there..." I shout, looking around in the darkness. For some reason, it sounds familiar, like I've heard it before. 

"CHLOE..." My dad's voice answers back. 

"Dad... Mom is not waking up... Do something, Call for help." I say.

But this time I see Andres with a gun to my dad's head. He's kneeling down beside him and his face is all bloody and swollen. 

"How dare you touch him." I scream. 

"Chloe... run honey... You need to get out of here." He says but I shake my head. 

"I lost her.. I can't loose you too." I cry and lay my mom down and walk towards the bastard. But before I can reach him and do something He pulls the trigger. 

I instantly jolt up, feeling the tears and sweat drip down my face. My breathing is ragged and my heart is running miles an hour. 

This can't be happening. They are back again. My nightmares are back again. 

Ashley is still asleep beside me so I quietly slide into the bathroom and wash my face. With shaky hands I turn off the tap and wipe my face. This is not good. I can fight anything in this world, but these nightmares.... they get the best of me. They take every bit of my pain, insecurity and suffering and bind them together just to torture me. 

Trying not too make noise, I walk downstairs to grab some water. As I'm on the last step, I hear some rustling in the kitchen. The house is in complete darkness and the only source of light is  refrigerator light.

How can someone break in after so many security guards and security devices. And then I see the back door in the kitchen slightly ajar. So the bastard picked the lock. I quietly grab the fire poker and tip toe towards the intruder. 

Sometimes I just hate myself for being such a clumsy ass. I mean who trip on air? 

Yeah... that's what just happened to me. I tripped over air and made a loud thudding noise while trying to gain my balance. And guess what, the intruder realized I was there.

"Whose there?" He asks and I here a gun click. 

Fucking Great. 

"Says the person who broke into someone's house." I hold the fire poker above my head ready to swing. 

"Broke in-" He is cut off by the sudden blinding lights. I squint my eyes and look around. 

"Chloe....? What are you doing with the fire poker honey? And... Oh my god.... Put the gun down Jacob." 

"Jacob?" "Chloe?" We both say at the same time and look at each other. 

To my dismay... he isn't an intruder and to my pleasure, he is smoking hot. For a couple of minutes we both just stand there staring at each other. He's tall, with hazel brown eyes and medium length ash blond hair, that are messy in a sexy way. 

Dad clears his throat, breaking our staring contest. We both put our weapons down and walk back to the kitchen with my dad. 

"What are you two doing up so early?" He asks. 

"I just came back from the warehouse and was looking for something to eat. When your daughter came at me with a fire poker, calling me an intruder." He explains.

"What am I suppose to think of a guy who is sneaking in through the back door at 5 in the morning." I roll my eyes while gulping some water. Dad just sits there laughing at both of us. 

"Now that you have seen each other, Chloe... this is my best friend's son, Jacob Hood. Jacob, this is my daughter Chloe." He waves between both of us. 

"Whatever.... I'm heading home. See tomorrow old man." He waves at my father and I stand there dumbfounded at his cockiness. Who the hell thinks he is? And whatever happened to 'Hi Chloe... nice to meet you.'

"Don't mind him hon... He's just not a social person." Dad says noticing my smug expression.

"That I can tell." I shake my head and turn to leave. 

"Chloe... You never told me why you were here." He calls after me. 

"I... I just wanted some water." I say dismissively. But dad walks over to me with a serine smile playing on his lips and embraces me in warm protective embrace. I let out a shaky sigh and wrap my hands around him. 

"I know its hard for you to trust me. To share things with me. But darling... I don't want you to suffer alone. If there's something bothering you then tell me." My bottom lip quivers as he strokes my head gently. 

If this is real. If this is what a father's love feels like... then I don't wanna lose it. I don't wanna give it up for the world. 

"I had a bad dream." I confess and his arms tighten around me. 

"About Mom?"

"Yeah... it was like I was living that day all over again." My voice breaks as I just rest my head against my old man's chest. 

"C'mon... I gotta show you something." He pulls away. Grabbing my hand he, pulls me towards the flight of stairs that I am guessing head to the basement. 

As the lights flick on, the path is more clearer. I walk behind him as he leads me through the small tiled corridor. At the end of the corridor there are two rooms. One to my left and the other to my right. 

"I'll leave this one for Blake and Jacob to show you." He points to the door on the right. He then proceeds to open the door on the left. 

As the lights spread across the room my eyes go wide. Its a huge room with a boxing ring in the center with almost all the gym equipment around it. The ring is just like the one at The Arena. I look at my father and he nods for me to check it out. I go around the ring and looking at all the stuff. Its so cool. But I'm still not sure why he brought me here.

"Its fantastic. But I'm not really sure why you brought me here." I chuckle nervously. What has the gym gotta do with my nightmares

"To help you get over your nightmares by letting you do what you did before. Fight, train, jog, lift wait. Do what ever you want." He smiles and I nod with a smirk on my face.

Time to break some sweat Chloe. And maybe a couple of bones.

*****

Chase Stokes as Jacob Hood people. I love this guy... and his character John B. But just so we are clear, I'm still team JJ. 

Coming back to the chapter... How was the Chloe and Jacob meet up? Funny right. Did you guys like it? Tell me in the comments.

P.S. The boys were at the IHerat radio award show and they looked AWESOME. And I'm mad that we didn't win the best fan army award. I mean C'mon...  Limelights ARE THE BEST. PERIOD.

▪ Peace ▪