◾ Chapter - 7 ◾

*Chloe*

"Go take a bath... I'll get you some ice and ointment." I smile at the bruised face. He nods and walks up to his room. 

So Chloe... finally you accepted it huh?  how does it feel? 

Weird. I mean do you even hear what I'm saying. I am falling for Reece King, my best friend. I literally never thought I'll live to see the day I accept falling for him. 

Seriously, I never thought this would really happen. But the question is, does he feel the same? Does he even feel anything at all? What if I tell him just to make a fool out my self. What if he just thinks of me as one of his conquests. 

"Eve... you got the first aid kit?" He shouts from upstairs.

"Yeah..." I grab the ice and the ointment and head to his room.

Holy mother of Jesus.

He's standing in a black towel, hanging low on his waist, showing off his v line. Oh my god, I. Can't. Stop. Staring. Water droplets fall off his hair and on to his perfectly toned chest. 

"You can check me out after giving me that ice pack." he smirks tiredly.

Fuck. What am I doing? You look so desperate Chloe. Heat starts rising up my cheeks and I can feel the blush on my face. Wait. I never blush. Holy fuck. 

"Huh? Oh yeah.." I hand him the ice pack and apply the ointments on the scratches, while he sits on the edge of his bed. The entire time, his eyes stay fixed on me, examining it with a small smile. 

"What?" I ask with a chuckle. 

"I just realized something tonight." He says absentmindedly and my heart starts racing. What's with my heart today. If this happens once more I'm probably going to have a heart attack.

Cool down girl. There are thousand other things that he could have realized. Like how smart I am. Or that he is a cocky ass. 

"What?" I ask, Trying to show it did not affect me. His smile drops, as is realizing what he just said.

"Um nothing... it was just something stupid. Don't worry about it." He smiles sheepishly, and I nod. 

"Now put on some cloths nerd." I pat his bare shoulder.

"Hey... I'm not a nerd." He rolls his eyes and walks into the bathroom to put on some cloths. 

"Reece you hungry?"

"Nah... I'm just tired. I think I'm gonna call it a day." With that being said, he falls onto his bed. I sit crossed legged beside him, playing with the strings of my ripped jeans. I do that a lot when I'm nervous. But why am I nervous?  Its just Reece. 

Suddenly he grabs my hand and puts it on his head. I know exactly what he means by that. He loves it when I play with his. He says 'this shit is calming.' 

I smile and slowly run my fingers through his hair. "Does your jaw still hurts?"

"Not so much now... " He breaths. Smiling like an idiot, I just stare at his prefect face. How can I not fall for that. Or should I say, how can I fall for this guy. This stupid asshole, has been there for me, every fucking time. I know, things didn't start off on a good note, but we made progress everyday, and look where it got us. 

"You don't have to stay and baby sit me all night, you know." He moves and places his head on my lap.

"Says you." I laugh. 

"Not that I'm complaining." He chuckles.

"Its fine. Mom's at the station, and I don't wanna be alone." I massage his head and his body visibly relaxes.