◾ Chapter - 27 ◾

*Reece*

"Just don't be too cocky in the ring today." She smiles at me while wrapping my hands.

"I'm never cocky. I just get a bit excited." My lips tug into a smirk and she sticks her tong out, teasingly.

"I miss you Eve." I stand up from the chair, wrapping my hands around her waist while hers settle on my bare shoulders.

"I miss you too Reece. But its better this way. At least I know you are safe." She places a soft kiss on my cheek, making me smile. Why is that so fucking calming and relaxing? 

"What was that for?"

"Good Luck." Her soft lips form into a mesmerizing smile. "I have to go now." The smile fades into a frown and she pulls out of my grip.

"No.. stay." My eyes snap open, to me reaching out for nothing but air. I must have dozed off again. I've been running on a tight schedule for the past week. Which only consists of me fighting some random guys. I've been home for 3 days, I guess and haven't slept properly for almost the entire week. Its a good thing that mom and are out for a business trip. 

Sighing, I run a hand through my hair and hear the crowd going crazy outside. Today is the final fight. Today, I either get into the gang or not. 

Carlos' voice booms through the door followed by excited cheers. The bets are sky high today. The son of a bitch is gonna be rich after tonight. 

"You're up." Tristen's head pops through the door. I nod in response, but he's already gone. He's been acting weird all week. I've been meaning to ask him why, but haven't had a chance. Tristen's never been like that for as long as I remember him. Even when he is mad, he comes up and confronts me about whatever is bothering him. 

I climb into the ring, through the ropes when my name is announced. People surrounding the area, go wild and root for me. Seconds later a tall brunette guy steps into the ring, waving his hands at the group rooting for him. 

Cocky much. I smile to myself.

He's got a good 3 to 4 inches on me and some extra pumped up arms. Which is actually good for me, coz he is slow. Huge arms and beefy body, means slow reflexes, giving  me more time to knock him down. 

The bell goes off. For a couple seconds we just circle each other, and then he's the first one to take the first hit, which I dodge effortlessly. He throws another punch in my direction, but I redirect it with my hands. That gives me a clear shot at his face. 

Not wasting a second, my fist contacts with his cheek, throwing his head to the side from the impact. He shakes his head as if, coming back to his senses. Angry, he charges at my face but my hands stay up as a shield, sparing me from the pouring punches. 

I shove him with my feet and he stumbles a couple of steps backwards. I throw my hands back in defense position as we circle around the ring. 

I take the next hit and throw a fake punch to his face but land an actual one on his stomach. The crowed roars yet again. I throw another punch at him, but this time he dodged it, slamming his fist in my jaw in return. 

I saw stars for a moment, but recovered quickly. No one punches this pretty face and gets away with it. Spitting out blood I upper cut him and then jab him in the abdomen, trapping him in the left corner. 

He manages to, throw me off of him. Breathing heavily he looks at me with anger, but I know he is tiered and desperate to win. Lets finish up. 

Beefy guy throws his fist in a punch, slow enough for me to dodge, giving a clear shot of his face. My knuckles connect with a smack to his jaw and I swear heard something crack. He loses his footing and stumbles back, though throws a punch in my direction. I let it hit me but grab his arm before he can it pull back. 

I twist it around, sliding from under it and pinning it to his back. He groans in pain as I kick the back of his knee, throwing him to the floor. I then wrap my hands around him in a head lock. 

For a couple of moments he tries to fight back, but gives up due to the lack of air. Screams and cheers sound so loud that I wanna cover my ears. Carlos comes into the ring with a toothy grin plastered on his face as he pulls me in a bear hug.

"I'm prod of you son." He whispers into my ear. He then raises my hands into the air, announcing my victory.

"Go clean up and meet in my office in 15." He informs and I climb out. Where did Tristen go? 

I look around for him but he is no where in sight. See.. that's how he's been acting all week. Just disappearing between the fights.

Frustrated, I walk to my room, only to find him shoving his stuff in a bag angrily. 

"Where were you?" I slam the door behind me. He looks at me with an angry expression.

"Why do you care. You won the fight. Go ahead, Antonio is waiting for you." He snaps. Okay, what the fuck is wrong with him.

"What is wrong wi-" And then dawns upon me like I am just hit by a bullet train.

"Seriously Tristen? You really think that low of me." He turns around, now completely facing me. "You really think I'll make the same mistake twice. Sure, I got reasons to get into that gang, but not at he cost of losing my best friend." He expressions soften as he takes in my words. 

"We gotta look out for each other, remember. Also, whose gonna refuse a master mind like you for planning out operations for them." I chuckle and he too lets out a small airy chuckle. "I already talked to Carlos about this. Its either the both of us or none of us." 

He nods and pulls me in a hug. After the small bromance moment we head to Carl's office. 

A man in his late 30s who I'm guessing is Antonio, sits in his chair, with a cigar between his lips. He motions us to sit and we take seats from across from him.

"You really put one hell of a fight kid. I'm impressed." He smirks at me. "You've got moves, strength and agility. You'll make the perfect fighter for the Crusaders. As for what your friend Carlos told me, your friend here too joins us." He nods at Tristen. 

"We'll not let you down Antonio." I nod back smirking. We did it. We made it into the gang. 

You better watch you ass, you son of a bitch Andres, Coz I'm on it.

*****

I wrote this chapter twice. The first one was a bit too straight forward and not so action packed. I like this one better. Hope you guys do too. 

P.S. Go stream Let Me Down Easy (Lie) by Why Don't We. I'm going crazy... that song is so amazing. (Leaving it on the top.) 

▪ Peace ▪