◾ Chapter - 30 ◾

*Chloe*

A week. A fucking has passed and Reece Mathew King, hasn't said a word to me. 

Its not like he isn't talking at all. He laughs his ass off every time Jacob or Tris crack a joke. He talks to Blake all the time and don't even get me started on the way Ash and Ella laugh at his witty comments. Its just me who get the silent treatment. 

How lucky. 

At first it use to make me sad, but now all I feel is anger. I mean what did I do, to make him so mad at me. He just goes quiet the moment I enter the room. The asshole is seriously starting to get on my nerves now.

A soft knock sounds on my door and I let the person in. Ash comes up to me with dresses in her hands. Dad is throwing a party today, to celebrate the success of the arms deal. 

"Its the small victories that are to be celebrate darling." He told me when I said I don't want him throwing a party.

"Oh C'mon in." She beacons someone and Ella steps inside. "What do you think?" Ash asks hanging the dress in front of her.

"Ashley I told you I'm not going." She huffs.

"The hell you are girl." She sasses, holding another dress. 

"I think the navy blue really suits you." I comment. 

"Thank you." Ash chimes, making me chuckle. 

"Don't worry El. Its gonna be fun." I reassure her. After that, Ash drags her to my dressing table and start working her magic on her face. Her makeup is light, but the shade Ash uses on her eyes really bring them out. The dress hugs her on all the right places, showing bit of her cleavage and her long tanned legs.

"You look beautiful." I compliment once she has pulled on one of my set of heels. 

"Thanks." She blushes. The next hour, I spend doing my sister's hair and makeup. She is wearing a strappy long satin dress, with a thigh high slit. Its similar to mine. Except the color. Mine is beige hers is a lighter copper color.

After I'm done, I kick them out of my room to get ready in peace. I keep my makeup simple, and let my hair rest on my shoulders, in soft curls. 

The fuck. My zipper is stuck. I've been trying to pull it up for the past 15 minutes, but it seem to have different plans. Suddenly I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I growl. When the person, doesn't say anything I turn around, only to stop breathing. He leans against the thrash hold, looking me up and down. His blue eyes shine as he tries to fight back a smirk. 

He looks breathtakingly handsome, in that tux. His hair are elegantly, gelled with a side partition, and the top two buttons of the black shirt are undone, showing off his chest. I forgot how sexy he looked in his formals. 

"Your dad's calling you" He announces. 

"Be there in a minute." I inform and turn back around, still struggling with the zipper. With a thumping heart I wait for the door to lose, but it never does. Rather, I feel his presence behind me. 

He pushes my hands out of the way, and zips me up. My eyes stay fixed on his flawless face from the mirror. For a minute, our eyes meet and he holds my gaze, in his serene yet conflicted orbs. But before I can say something, he storms out, without a word. 

Annoyed, I slip on my heels, grab my clutch and head downstairs to my father. The ball room is packed with people. I recognize some, but the rest of the faces are unknown to me. After greeting some guests, I join my family at the front. Tris, Reece and Ella are also here.