◾ Chapter - 4 ◾

*Reece*

"That shit face is gonna fight me?" Is this guy even for real. I mean does he want that dickhead to die.

"I know Reece. That's why I want you to keep your shit together when you get in there. I want no dead fucking bodies on my ring." Carlos poke a finger in my chest. At least he knows what I'm capable of.

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

"Good, now get the fuck out of here I got a client coming over." He waves his hands towards the exit.

"You mean the 'client' in a mini skirt." I smirk, air quoting the word client.

"Shut up dickhead." He grumbles, making me burst into laughter.

Carlos Lambert, he's the owner of The Arena, a friend of mine, Eve and Tristen. The guy actually introduced Eve and I to underground fighting. He saw us taking down some people at school and decided to train us. We on the other had got a healthy outlet for our rage.

The guy we were talking about is a total dick. His name Aston Leroy. Well, lets just say we got history with that guy.

Its 8 pm. That means the party already started and that Eve and Tris are already there. I gotta pick some things and then I'm gonna head out. So, I quickly run up to my room.

Where the fuck is my leather jacket? Not in the closet. Not in my bed and I sure as fuck not anywhere else in the damn house. Suddenly my eyes fall on a black piece of clothing, hung on Eve's desk chair in her room.

Of course... I must have left it there last night. The three of us were up late, so instead of going through the front door, Tris and I took the backyard tree. Well, I know her window's locked, so the only way in is the front door.

Time to meet Mummy Martinez.

Grabbing my car keys I walk to her house. I know the door is always open, so there's no point knocking. "Celia I just- What the fuck?" What the actual fuck.

"Reece wait" She pushes past the guy she was just exchanging saliva with.

"Wait for what? The real show? And who the fuck is this guy? Since I don't know, I'm guessing Eve doesn't know either."

"Mind your language boy." The grey head says.

"Oh really" I take a step forward.

"Boys.." Celia warns as I glare at the green eyed man. Though my blood boils with anger, I have this weird, feeling of knowing this guy. Like I have seen him before. Those eyes are really familiar. Its like I see them every day and that glare too is freakishly familiar.

"Reece let me explain." I look down at her and nod. "But, Chloe cannot know about this. Not at least now. Promise me."

"What do you mean." I look at her with confused eyes.

What the hell is going on here. And why do I have this feeling that its gonna get worse.

=*=*=*=

"Where are you King." She chimes through the phone.

"I'm here... where are you guys." I shout over the blasting music.

"At the bar. Now get your ass here." I can tell the drinks have started to kick in. Smiling, I hang up and push my way through the pool of hormonal teenagers.

"What took you so long." Tris asks.

"Nothing... I-I got stuck with Carlos, he had some important stuff to tell." I lie. Fuck, I hate lying to my bestfriends.

"That's okay... You are here now... so lets PAAARRRTTTYYYY..." Eve shouts. We take a couple of shots and then she runs off to the dance floor. Tris and I sit on the bar stools with our drinks.

"King you okay.." He asks.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah... why do you ask" I take a sip of my drink, avoiding eye contact with him.

"I don't know... You seem a bit off. Did something happen at The Arena. What did Carlos say."

"I have a fight in a couple of days." I sigh.

"Yeah... I know that. I'm your manager for fuck's sake." He chuckles.

"With Ashton."

"With Ashton fucking Leroy? Man, you better beat the crap out of that guy or I will. And why are you so worried about that mofo? He got nothing on you." He says rather angrily.

"I'm afraid I'd kill him." I state.

"So what? You'd probably be doing everyone a favor." He chuckles. "Now... don't sweat it boy. You got it." I smile and nod. Only if I could tell him what was really wrong.

Oh god... what have I gotten myself into. Its gonna break Eve's heart. And the fact that I know and I'm not telling her is going to be the literal salt on the wound. She's gonna hate me. Hate me. How am I gonna live with myself than? She's probably stop talking to me and cut me out.

Fuck, I can't even bare the thought of it let alone letting this happen. What am I gonna do without her.

"You two dip shits are the legit party poopers." Eve laughs. "C'mon dance with me. Oh god, freedom feels so good after a week of torture." She shakes her head, making both Tris and I laugh.

=*=*=*=

"Youuu plaaaay the saaaame olllld sooongs. I knowwww *hiccup* That youuuu differen' in you air force onessss."

"Calm down lady Chainsmoker. You gonna wake you're mom up." Tris laughs.

"Her mom is at the station." I chuckle.

"Right..." He nods.

"You really think I'll bring Chloe home drunk while her mother's home." I laugh.

"You know what... I think the vodka has damaged every last bit of my brain cells." Eve snorts at that and starts giggling, making both of us laugh.

"Holy shit." He curses as his phone goes off.

"You get that, I got her."

"You sure?" I nod. "Thanks man." He picks up and walks outside.

"I got you Miha..." I say and pick her up bridal style. She starts giggling even harder. "What is it?" I ask smiling down at her.

"I like when you carry me like that." She returns the gesture and snuggles into the crook of my neck. I know it sounds so girly... but I feel ticklish every time her breath touches my skin.

I lay her on the bed and tuck her under, after pulling off her boots. "Reece..." She calls as I sit on the edge of her bed. "You okay...?" Her eyes open are open in slits and her small hands are curled around my huge ones.

"Yeah... why do you ask?" I look at our hands.

"You seem a bit sad. Is-Is everything okay?" She stutters. I'm really an open book to her. Even drunk she can read me like one.

"Well princess, right now you have to go to sleep. We talk about that later. Okay?"

"Okay.." She nods and turns to the other side.

I hate lying to her. I fucking hate myself. I'm sorry Eve, I have to do this to you. But I gave my word to your mom. Kissing her on the temple I leave her sleeping like a baby.

*****

Mysteries. I love them. I love when the unfold one by one. We've got a couple of them here, what do you think Celia told Reece? Who is that man? Who is Ashton Leroy?

Hey guys. So I'm here with a little request. Please Please Please vote and comment for the chapters. It really is great motivation for me. It only takes a second to hit the star at the bottom of page. 

◾ Peace ◾