◾ Chapter - 28 ◾

*Chloe*

*4 months later*

"Blake... I want you to stay close Ashley, for back up. Jacob, you stay right behind me." I nod at them and point to the blue print of the Airport basement.

"This is where the arms are stored before they are loaded into the planes. There's no doubt that Andres is gonna do everything in his power to mess this up, but we can't let that happen. Antonio... I need your best shooters, fighters and master minds on this. 

Tell them to stay hidden unless and until something goes down. The less the exposure the less the casualties." I tell him through the phone.

"I got you kiddo. They'll be on their positions before you get there." He says. 

"Okay guys. That's it for now. Tomorrows a big day, so get as much rest as you can. J... call off the trainings for today. Let the guys have a day off." 

"Sure." He nods and leaves.

"Thanks Antonio... You too can go and rest now." I chuckle tiredly.

"You sound just like Celia, Kiddo. Wherever she is, I'm sure she is proud of you." He says proudly.

"Thanks Toni." With that I hang up and head out with my cousins. "You guys too go rest. Its been a crazy week." I smile at them as they both head to their rooms. I on the other hand, head to my dad's study.

"Come in." He shouts from the other side of the door after I knock.

"What ya doing old man?" I ask, though I can see his head buried in a file. 

"Come have a seat." I comply and he closes the file.

 "Don't you think you've been working a lot lately." 

"Says the person who barely slept in the past week." He chuckles.

"I got work to do." I roll my eyes.

"So do I kiddo. So do I." He leans back in his chair, closing his eyes.

We both sit there in silence for a long time. 

Past 4 months, have been insane. I completed my training and now I am handling the trade of the gang. The deal I was talking about, takes place tomorrow. Our foreign weapon supplier, has sent us new arms, and I have to go collect them. Its a deal worth 100 million, that's why I've been working day and night, weaving the perfect plan. 

I've also been working on collecting classified info about Andres and so far the amount of intel I've received is barely of any use. Its only the location and contacts of the small gangs that are part of the main gang, The Rancor.

"You should get some rest too Chloe. Its a long day tomorrow. And Chicago is not close by." He smiles. The arms will be dropped off at one of our warehouse in Chicago. From there, we bring them here. 

After taking a shower, I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about nothing in particular. And before I know, my eyes droop and I am off to la la land. 

~~~~~~

"They are on the location." Jacob informs me and we all head to the warehouse. Its like a 5 minutes drive from the hotel we are staying in.

"Miss Martinez." Alexi, greets me as soon as I get into the office. I shake hands with him and then we get to the real deal.

 After signing like 100 papers, I ask my men to load the cargo into the trucks, that'd be unloaded into the plane tomorrow.

"Business with a Martinez is always a pleasure." He says standing up from his seat.

"Sure is." I shake his hand for one last time and then escort him to his car. 

"All set?" I ask Blake as he appears from the garage.

"Yup. We're good to go." With that, all of us, file into our cars and head back to the hotel. 

The next morning, I'm the first one to wake up. So I summon all the gang members to go through the plan once again.

"The trucks leave the warehouse at 3 AM. 5 men each will escort the trucks to the airport, and into the basement. At 5 Am sharp, the cargo is unloaded into the plane. Is that clear to all?" I ask. 

"Yes Ma'am." They all reply in unison. 

"Good, now lets get into action." I dismiss our short meeting an head back to my room to get ready. I pull on a white t-shirt along with black skinny jeans and combat boots. After pulling on a black jacket, I tuck my gun under it and strap my knives onto my ankle. 

By the time I reach the parking lot its almost 3 and Blake Ashley and Jacob are already waiting for me. "We stay in touch at all times." I announce, putting on my Bluetooth in my ear. 

"If anything goes down, we stick to the plan we discussed yesterday." They all nod and we get into our cars. At sharp 3, the trucks roll out of the garage and we follow behind. 

"Jacob, is the backup in position?" I ask.

"Yeah... They reached the airport basement half an hour ago." Minutes later we too pull into the basement with the trucks. 

"Mark... All trucks got in?." I ask the in-charge of the driving crew. 

"Yes mam. All of them are here." He nods and then walks to the runway to check on the planes. But before he can step into the elevator, a gunshot sounds, hitting Mark right into his leg. 

"EVERYONE TAKE COVER." I shout as bullets pour down on us like rain. 

"Jacob." I signal him to get the backup in action. I pull my gun out and look around. Men wearing black masks are hiding behind the pillars. 

I motion Blake and Ashley towards them and we cross fire. Taking 3 of them down. I quietly tip toe, from my cover and hide behind one of the containers.  This time I can see 4 of them. But their back is turned to me. 

If I fire at one the other are alerted. 

"Blake, cover my 9. Ashley... watch my 6." I creep behind the closest one and put a hand over his mouth. My other arm is tightly wrapped around his throat, long enough to knock him out. I let his heavy body slide onto the floor and head for the next one.

When I'm about to knock the last one down, he turns around with the gun pointed at me. Before he can shoot, I kick him on his wrist making the gun fall. Taking hold of his arm, I twist it behind his back and then punch him until his lights are out. 

"CHLOE..." Someone calls out me name and I turn into the direction of the voice and see another man pointing a gun at me. However, he gets hits by a bullet from a anonymous direction and falls to the ground dead. 

The back and forth firing continues, until all the black masked guys are down. 

***** 

Finally, the real game begins. Time for some action baby. So hang on tight and let the guns roll. Enjoy reading.

P.s. Martinez Princess is #5 in underground fighting. Wow. 

▪ Peace ▪