◾ Chapter - 39 ◾

*Chloe*

.Short Chapter Alert.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, staring dumfounded at me old man.

"I believe I was invited for dinner." He says smiling down at me.

"Sebastian?" Luke's voice sounds from behind me. 

"Luke. My man." He chimes and they both pull each other in a hug. My father and Reece's father know each other? But how? 

When we get back to the kitchen, Tris and Reece share my look of confusion and shock. So, I'm guessing they too didn't know. I swear to god, I would have ripped Reece apart with my bare hands if he did. 

"Why are you guys looking at us as if we are some ghosts?" Linda laughs.

"How? How do you guys know each other." She smirks at her husband, who smirks at my dad. Okay, I'm officially confused and its starting to piss me off. 

"We went to the same high school back in Texas." 

"WHAT?" The three of us yell at the same time. 

"Wait. You know each other from that back in time." I gape the shining pairs of eyes, looking directly at me. "But I thought you were born in NYC." I look at me old man.

"Nah... I was born in Texas and went to school with this idiot." Dad smiles at his friend.

"Your Uncle Alex and Aunt Val too." Linda adds

"No way. They were high school sweet hearts?" Tris asks shocked.

"We all were, for that matter. Linda, Luke, Alex, Val and I, We were the typical group of famous kids at the school. Honestly, I was a cocky ass back then." He laughs and Tris and I look at Reece, with wide teasing smiles. 

"Shut up." He slaps our arms, making us burst into laughter. 

"That was until junior year." He smiles sadly, looking down at his food on the table. I know what happened that year. He met my mom. After hell lot of persuasion, she told me this much.

I hold his hand across from the table, giving it a little squeeze. He nods at me and continues.

"So first day of junior year, and I was walking down the hall way, when this new girl bumped into me. Me being the first rate jackass, scolded her for that, thinking she'd just mumble a sorry and leave. Even though I knew it was my mistake. But to my surprise, she slapped me." 

The table burst into the sounds 'Oooooo' from Tris, Reece and I and 'yeah I remember that.' from Lina and Luke. 

"Yeah, that sounds like my mom." I laugh.

"Honestly, I was pissed-"

"Oh no no. The word you should be using here should me wiped." Luke laughs, earning a playful glare from my dad.

"Okay fine. Maybe I was. Because, everyone back then worshiped coz, I was the son of the biggest Mafia leader, for god's sake."

"Always the one to flaunt." Linda rolls her eyes, making all of chuckle.

"She was the only girl who'd call me on my shit and won't fall to my feet. Celia challenged me everyday and it only made me fall head over heels for her. But summer after junior year, changed everything. One day, the boys and I, we messed with wrong people. They chased us back to the part of the town, which was newly constructed. There were not much houses there. So to take shelter, we barged into the first one that our eyes fell on."

"And I'm guessing it was the house, we use to live back in." I think aloud. He nods.

"At first she was angry. But when she saw us all bruised and beaten up, she helped us. She called Linda and Val, for help and from that day on things changed. Things got better between me and her. And the next thing I know, I'm standing at the alter, kissing my bride. She moved to New York with me and my family and joined the gang." Dad smiles, with a glossy layer of water shadowing his hazel eyes.

"Your father and I moved to Manhattan, but decided to come back to Texas when we found out about Celia being alive. You were so mad. But I somehow knew you and Chloe would get along pretty well. And finding Tristen there, was the cherry on the top." Linda smiles at the boys, who return the gesture with huge grins. 

After knowing all this, I can't help but wonder what would have been her side of the story. Guess I'll never fid out. And that makes me wanna curl into a ball and cry for weeks.

Reece must have noticed my troubled expression, coz, I felt his hand on my thigh. I looked at him and he smiled at me with the most reassuring expression. Everyday I think, I'm already too deep in love with him and every day he manages to do something to prove me wrong. Everyday, he makes me fall for him harder and deeper than before. 

For the rest of the dinner, his hand stayed fixed on its position, drawing comforting circles with his thumb. All of us continued to laugh at the old memories. This dinner, was the best dinner of my life. The only heart breaking thing about it, was the empty chair beside my dad. The chair, where my should have been. 

*****

I actually wrote the 40th chapter before this. And then half way through it, I remembered I had to write this one too. Lol, I'm so dumb. I probably the dumbest ass you'll ever meet. Hahahaha. Yeah, I don't mean the literally. 

Anyways, I hope you like the trip down Sebastian's memory lane. If you did, then don't forget to Vote and Comment. Love ya'll.

P.s. I know this chapter is updated a bit late than the usual time and I'm sorry for that. I just didn't feel like writing yesterday. I didn't feel like doing anything for that matter. hehehe. Song for Chloe's dad on the top. 

▪ Peace ▪

Martinez Princess| ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara