Ch 9: The dinner

Teresa's POV

I was on the video call with Jessica for 30 minutes now, arguing about how basic my closet was for Jessica and how narrow my vision was for a dinner. I mean, not that I had never been asked for a dinner before, but it was different. A lot more intimidating with a man who refused to leave my mind for past weeks. Hell, the way Jessica and I were arguing, I could tell the boat of this conversation had no shore.

"Oh my god John, my best friend is a fucking dumbass naïve girl in this entire world. I am gonna rip her head." Jessica shouted, making me stop in my track at the loud squeal of her voice.

"Rather than chanting your irritation after every 10 fucking seconds, please help me choose the dress?"

I had already shown her a floral dark blue knee-length dress, jeans and a chiffon top, a white dress. I had little in my closet. Swinging my phone left and right in my closet, I tried to catch a perfect dress.

As I showed her my closet, I switched my camera to give her a full view. I flipped the hangers and moved camera up and down for her to see the length and design of the dress. I mentally counted the number of clothes in it; 6 dresses of different lengths, 5 office outfits, and a few comfortable clothes.

"THAT'S IT!" she screamed through the phone.

"Which one?"

"The one at the corner, black." Following the directions, I pulled out a black spaghetti strap black dress, not aware of when I even bought it.

"No. No Jessie, this is too much."

"Shut the fuck up and get ready. You wear that dress without any questions." She said, narrowing her eyes at me with her index finger piercing through my soul from the screen. I pouted my lips at her and made puppy eyes at her.

"The dress is beautiful, but... Jessie the slit. Its slit is really long, and you know I am not that bold."

"Yeah, right, you are the 80 yr old conservative lady in a 24-year-old young girl. Girl, he asked you for a dinner. HE asked you, not the other way. Clearly he likes you and now, my beautiful dumb child, you gotta make an impression." I inhaled a long breath, closing my eyes, and blew the air with puffy cheeks.

"Fine, I'll wear it." I said, accepting my defeat.

I hung up the phone, roaming around the room with my nails between teeth. Without focusing that this dress was mighty extravagant for a simple dinner, I unlocked my phone for any message. I had exactly one hour to get ready. I quickly took a shower, washing my hair with jasmine-scented shampoo and soap. On the small space, beneath bathroom mirror, I had my straighter heating while I applied my makeup. The usual; three mascara coats on my eyelashes, concealer on dark areas. For lipstick I chose blood red colour, as Jessie said gonna make an impression.

My inner self rolled eyes at me, and I rolled my tongue over my teeth, smirking at the sudden wave of confidence.

I parted my hair in sections and straightened them. I took the comb and parted my hair from middle as I tug the strand behind my ear, tiny diamond earrings shining in the light. My head turned left right to examine the last look. After the satisfaction of looking at myself in the mirror, I slipped in the dress and paired them with red pointed toe heels. The tight dress made my breast look full than usual and spaghetti strap complimented the broad shoulders. And the slit... that was what I was concerned about. I flexed my left leg to my front, letting the slit expose most of my thigh.

Sexy, eh? Shh!

I grabbed my phone and clicked several mirror selfies, and a normal one too, as I sent all of them to Jessica. Within seconds, her reply came.