Chapter 40: Let's have fun

Teresa's POV

"Where is my blue watch, love?" Alex's voice boomed from a distant corner of the closet as I gathered the scattered clothes in a suitcase.

On Monday morning, right after asking for the trip, Alex busted the bomb that we were to leave on Wednesday at noon to somewhere. And I freaked out. I turned into a beast with all the preparations. A one-week trip to an unknown location in this world, except for the hint he gave me.

He went with me to Victoria's Secret to buy some sexy-as-fuck bikinis, as stated by the mighty McOwen himself.

We were to depart in two hours, and this man, I swear, was giving me one hell of a tantrum. His bag was not packed, his clothes were not selected, and he was busy finding a wristwatch he wanted to wear on the flight.

Why men are so useless without women?

"You have, like, fifty blue watches. Which one?" I shouted.

"The one with a blue dial and silver strap. Rolex"

"Majority of your watches are that. And why the fuck are you not packing your stuff? I swear, Alex."

I heard the shaking of stuff inside the closet. "Shit."

"Yeah, shit. Hurry! Get anything and everything inside your bad or I am leaving without you."

"You don't even know where we are going, love," he said, coming out of the closet with 4 watches dangling between his fingers. His chest muscles were perfectly covered in a light grey t-shirt, paired with black denim jeans. An epitome of sex, indeed.

Had I ever told you that this man's obsession with wristwatches? It's more than the compassion I follow with chocolates. Over seventy types of different watches from various brands and designs. Classic and modern and everything in between.

I raised my brows at the amusement gleaming on his lips. "Where do you think you are going?"

He shook his head with a grin, flashing his teeth at me. I knitted my brows but ignored the fact that he was being so careless. "We are staying in my hotel, love. I have everything there."

For a moment, I stood there, shocked and feeling dumb. Of course, he had a branch of his hotels at that place. And of course, I am naïve enough to ignore the fact that he would have the belongings at his place.

"Where are we going?" I asked, making puppy eyes at him as I held the suitcase handle and placed it on the wheels, mentally checking the list of items stuffed inside.

He made a ticking sound with his tongue in dismissal. "Not gonna tell."

"Please?"

"No. Get ready. We have a flight to catch."

My lips curved downwards. "I hate you."

"Love you too, my love."

An hour later, I was done with everything. Mark put the stuff inside the car trunk as Alex and I settled ourselves inside. The car roared as the engine came to life, depicting the trembling butterflies in my stomach at the excitement of this trip. I flashed my teeth in Alex's direction, who was looking at me with a smirk.

I bend my upper body forward, grabbing his jaw in my hand as I kissed his cheek with full force. The whisper of it was so strong that Alex giggled. "I am so excited about our vacation. Thank you."

His index finger trailed along my jaw as he laid his gaze on me. "Anything to see you smile like that. Anything."

Automatically, my lips lifted upwards. It was not just the vacation which excited me; it was the fact that he and I would have all the time together. Without the worries of this world and circumstances happening around us. His business took most of his day, leaving with little time for us. Sometimes no time at all. It's breakfast or the night we get for ourselves, even on weekends. I was glad that he took the initiative... beyond thrilled.