Chapter 49: I am the Villain

Some villains were an angel, but some were forged in the fire of hell by the devil himself.
-Ta_Bloomfield

Teresa’s POV

My head was pounding, eyelids heavy as if the eyelashes had been lifting some weight. I tried to flutter in my place, but the sting on my wrist caught my attention. Was it dark here or I couldn’t open my eyes?

I was not sure if I was even alive, but the memories were vague since I came back to consciousness. All I could gather so far was that I was lying on a concrete floor, my back aching as the coldness numbed the spine. My hands were tied with some rustic metal wires and legs, too. With all the power in me, I juggled the ankle.

It must have caught the attention of someone as a scraping sound of a chair on the floor made my teeth grit together, but I was too weak to open my eyes to look where the person was. Too weak to gain the strength of my listening sense to know where the sound came from. I tried again, my hands and legs moving anywhere away from the body, hoping to free.

A chill spread through my entire body as a bucket full of ice water hit my face, some ice cubes crashing on the cheek to draw the blood. Bit by bit everything played like a picture in my mind and I opened my eyes, wheezing with the shivers from the cold. I moved my legs forward, pushing the ankle and elbows against the ground to support the back. There stood Robert in a lavish three-piece suit, smirking at me with no hint of love or care.

“Rise and shine, princess.” He said, making my eyes twitch in disgust, but I did not break our staring.

He pushed a plate of plain rice in front of my foot, trailing his eyes from my toes to my head. His vision stopped at my soaked breast and I clutched my knees closer to the chest.

I had never met him, just saw a photo in the family album Alex had in his closet and stored it in my brain like a negative of an image in a camera. By the looks of him, the innocence dripping down his eyes; he was nothing more than a fucked devil in a human body. What intrigued me the most was how could someone carry so much hatred for people who gave their entire life just to put food on the table? If it was not for the sweet gesture of McOwen’s, only god knows where Robert would have been rotting himself. And yet, he tried to do such vicious things. Yet, he kept his parents locked up like prisoners in dungeons, controlling every aspect of their lives and threatening them with their daughter’s wellbeing. I could not feel sympathy when all I felt was a rush of fire blowing out of my lungs and mixing in the air with hatred. Never in my life had I hated anyone to the level of his.

This man before me had no remorse, no sign of mercy or respect. It was as if he was dead inside and out, and the curtains of his soul were sealed shut for a long.

His knuckles brushed over my cheekbone, and I pushed my head away to the back as a nauseous feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. A shaky breath left my lips as I shifted more into the wall behind me. The smirk he was carrying all this time brushed off his face as he clenched his jaw and looked into my eyes from under his lashes. The gaze was so heavy that my heart pounded in anticipation of an attack from a lone angry wolf.

I closed my eyes, facing the wall to my right as his face came dangerously close to me such that his nose was millimetres away from touching my facial hair.

“Eat,” he said, the hot breath coming out of his mouth working as an acid in my skin.

I didn’t move a muscle in my body. Strong. That’s what had to be so that when Alex come, I would smile at him in victory and show him that I did not break. I had to be strong for the baby growing inside me.