𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Hope Ashford

The walk back home was quite awkward. Of course, I thanked him for standing up for me but we hardly talked after that. I guess I just want to avoid the questions on why I look so creeped out around Blake.

I know he noticed, I'm very transparent and I know I made it obvious. It's hard not to make it obvious when I'm scared of him.

A while back, when I was just friends with Leo... Blake tried to kiss me when I was thirteen. He's four years older than me, he was fucking seventeen. He then proceeded to try and grope me but I bit his shoulder as hard as I could and then ran off. I never told my parents, I was too scared to. Now that I think back, I should have told them. There's no point in telling them now, that was five years ago.

Leo and Blake are the same. I got so much deja-vu when Leo tried to kiss me the day that we broke up. I tried not to think about it but Leo and Blake are scary alike so it was hard not to. I didn't mention it because like I said, it's hard to talk about. Besides, I'm pretty sure he moved out so I didn't think I'd see him as often.

"You okay?" Adrian says, finally breaking the silence between us. I nod my head in response. "You sure?"

"I'm fine, I just don't like Blake," I answer. I'm not entirely lying okay? I don't like Blake, that's true. I'm kind of fine I guess. Just creeped out. Leo and his family aren't saints. None of them.

"It's kind of funny how we spent almost the entire day at the park," Adrian says. I'm so glad he changed the topic. Yeah, we spent almost the entire day at the park. Time went by so fast. I guess I just really like spending time with Adrian.

"It got dark really fast and it's not even that late," I say looking at the time. It's only seven pm. It's also cold, and I'm not even wearing a sweater. Awesome. I rub my hands together.

"You cold?" Adrian asks.

"No, just my hands," I lie.

"You're shivering," Adrian points out. What? I am. "Here." Adrian starts taking off his jacket.

"We're almost there it's fine," I say quickly. I know I'm going to feel bad if he gives me his jacket. Now he's the one who's gonna be cold. He proceeds to take it off and he puts it on me. "Thank you." I'm so embarrassed right now.

We finally make it to my house. I start walking to my dad's office when I remember that I'm wearing Adrian's jacket. I take his jacket off and turn around. "Thanks for letting me borrow it," I say as I hand Adrian his jacket. He nods and smiles. God, his smile.

I start walking towards my dad's office, but when I open the door he isn't there. I kinda wanted to talk to him but I guess he's at the agency. I walk past the kitchen but stop when I hear my name. Gosh, Nina loves talking about me, doesn't she? This is the second time I hear her say my name.

"No, I saw her!" Nina snaps. "She was wearing his fucking jacket. She doesn't even actually want him. She's gonna treat him just like she treats every other guy. Why would he want a girl like that but doesn't even look at me?" I want to storm inside and scream at her but I don't. I stay calm and stand there.

"You sound like a three-year-old Nina," I hear Jeremy say, which makes me want to burst out laughing. "He's her bodyguard, why would Hope like him?" Why not...? Fuck, 'Hope he doesn't do relationships' my head reminds me. Get those thoughts out of here.

"Nina," Katherine starts. "One of these days, Hope or even Adrian will hear you! So I suggest you shut up and mind your own business. And don't talk about Hope that way, you hear me? She's the daughter of the owners of this house. Remember that." One million reasons why Katherine is my favorite employee, apart from Adrian.

The sudden urge to tell my dad what Nina said rushes over me. I have witnesses, Katherine and Jeremy heard her. I know they won't deny it, they won't lie to my dad to cover up Nina's big mouth. But maybe I shouldn't. I feel like I would've immediately gotten her fired if this happened before I met Adrian, but now I look at things differently. So whatever, Nina can continue talking. But if she does it again, I'll tell her what she deserves to hear.

"Hope," I jump out of fright. "Where have you been all day?" my mom asks.

"At the park," I reply.

"Why the hell were you at the park for hours?" I'm eighteen. Why is she acting like I'm that same fifteen-year-old that had a seven pm curfew? I'm an adult for fuck's sake. I don't want to argue so I just shrug my shoulders hoping she'll go away and leave me alone.
"Blake called, asking for you."

"What does he want?" I ask, I can hear the anger in my voice. I wasn't trying to be transparent in front of my mom but I can't help it. Did he not get a hint while we were at the park? He's twenty-two and still acts like a fucking child.

"He wanted to talk to you," she explains. "If you can't get with Leo or Nicolas, you could always give Blake a chance." With all due respect because she's my mom but can she shut up and stop trying to pick my boyfriends? It's getting to the point where I want to slap her and scream at her for being the way she is.

"I have something to do," I lie. I walk past her and jog up to my room.