~Chapter 2~

Ellie just froze in the doorway out of shock. I go up to her and ask her if she's okay.

"Hey, Ellie..are you okay? You've just stopped dead in your tracks..."

Ellie drops to the floor and starts bursting out crying. I'm now in complete shock... Did I make her this upset? Was I too harsh on her? I didn't mean to make her feel like this..

Oh no, what have I done. There's no way Ellie is ever going to want to come back to my office now.

Sobbing, Ellie responded with "Grant, I really can't do this."

"Hey, hey, c'mon. You can do this. Why don't we go back to my office and you can sit down on a comfy chair?"

"Okay, I guess I could"

Ellie's POV:

I really don't think I can do this. It's all too much and I just get so scared around the office and everything. Grant leads me to his office and says I can sit on the dental chair. I didn't want to sit there because I didn't want Grant doing anything to me without telling me beforehand.

"I don't wanna sit there"

"Why? You're going to have to sit there at some point, so you might as well make yourself comfortable now."

"I don't want you doing anything before you have told me"

"Why would I ever do that to you? I care about you. I'll always tell you before I do something."

I'm going to have to pluck up the courage sooner rather than later otherwise Grant will get angry again and I really don't want that.

"Hey, Ellie, why don't you tell me why you started crying? Is it because you're scared?"

"Yeah, I'm terrified of this place. You know I am but you still bring me here and I don't understand it."

"Ellie, I'm only doing it for your benefit. I want to make sure you are healthy."

I've already told him that I'm healthy and I know I am. Why can't he just take my word for it?

Grant's POV:

I know it's hard for Ellie to come here and I'm proud of her for getting this far, even though we had a bit of an argument over it earlier. I'm gonna have to get her to calm down soon, otherwise we're just gonna have to go home and come back earlier tomorrow.

"Do you think you can try and sit in the chair and talk to me about why you are scared?"

"I guess so, but I don't know what to say. I don't want you to laugh at me."

"I would never laugh at you for telling me why you are scared of me. I just want to know so I can try to help you."

"Fine. As long as you promise?"

"I promise"

"Well, I'm scared because I don't know what you will do, I don't know what tools you're gonna use and I don't like not being in control."

"Ellie, why didn't you tell me before? I could've helped you before and we could have made loads of progress... I will always tell you what I'm going to do before I'm going to do it and I won't ever do something without your full consent. I can tell you what tools I'm going to use and I promise I won't use them to hurt you, only to make things better. I understand that you don't like to feel like you aren't in control but how about this: if you feel any pain or any discomfort and you want me to stop at any point then you can raise your left hand?"

"Okay, yeah that sounds okay to me."

"Okay, cool!" "Do you think you can sit with your back to the back of the chair for me, so I can recline it back and get started?"

"Okay...."

Ellie sounds really uneasy and still very scared but I told her that she can tell me to stop at any point if she doesn't like something.

Once she has got her back to the back of the chair, I tell her I'm going to start to recline the chair back.

Whilst the chair is going back, I pick up a mask and put it under my chin, I wash my hands and then pick up a pair of gloves. I snap the gloves on and I see Ellie cringe at the sound of it.

"E, are you okay? I just saw you tense up at the sound of my gloves."

"Mhm.."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," She says shakily.

I don't believe that she's 100% okay so I take my gloves off and start to massage her shoulders to relax her a bit. I can see that she is relaxing to me massaging her shoulders, which is good. I then stop to get another pair of gloves, this time I try to do it quietly, so she doesn't tense up at the sound of it. I manage to do it quietly enough so she doesn't notice. I go to the tray and open up the bag with all of the sterilised tools in. I lay them all out on the tray and pull the tray over Ellie's chest and down so I can reach it. I move my hands up towards the light and bring that down and focus it on Ellie's mouth. I start to rub her cheeks, to keep her calm and then I go to pick up my mirror and explorer.

"E, I've got my mirror and explorer now to have a look around your mouth, can you open up for me princess so I can have a look?"

Ellie hesitantly opens her mouth a bit but not quite enough for me to see all of her mouth so I just push down a bit on her chin, so her mouth opens a bit more.

"Thank you. Baby," I say with a smile. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N please let me know what you think of the story so far :) i'd really appreciate honest feedback :) <3