~Chapter 28~

Ellie's POV:

We're in the car now on our way home. Or at least that was what I thought, until Grant took the turning to go into town rather than straight home. I'm a bit confused but I go with it instead of asking Grant where we are going. After a few minutes, Grant parks outside Tesco and turns in his chair to face me.

"E, I feel like I've been acting more as a dentist than your brother recently and I know how much you hate it and I feel really bad. I want to try and make it up to you. Why don't you come in with me and get something for this evening? We could watch a film or something, yeah?"

"Don't feel bad, Grant. I know I hate it but I know you're only doing it because you care about me. Can I get anything I want?!"

"Thanks, E. And yes, within reason, you can get what you want." Grant says chuckling.

"OMG! Yay!!" Grant just laughs.

"C'mon then." He says as he gets out of the car.

Once I'm out of the car, Grant locks it and then we both head for Tesco. Finally, Grant is letting me choose what I want to eat!! This literally never happens! I've got to make the most of it!!!

"We've got to get something for tea first, though. What do you want?" He asks me as we walk down the first aisle - the fruit and veg aisle. I swear I know this aisle like the back of my hand. Our shopping normally consists of like 70% of this stuff.

"I don't know. Whatever you want, I'll have," I say, just thinking about what I'll get for later.

"How about a chicken salad?"

"Sure."

Grant gets the stuff we need for tea and then we get closer to the crisps and sweets aisles - my favourite bit! We never go down these aisles really.

I go down the sweet aisle and I find the Haribos. Little does Grant know that when I'm at school my friends sometimes bring in packets of them that we all share at break. Something I'm probably never going to tell Grant. I pick up the tangfastics and walk back over to Grant who's pulling a disgusted face at the sweets in front of him.

"Can I have these?!" I say to Grant, showing what I've picked up.

Grant's POV:

Ellie comes over to me to show me what she has picked up. Haribo Tangfastics. My nightmare. I guess I should have seen this coming. For some reason, I just didn't think Ellie would pick something like this. I can't say no now. I said she could have whatever she wanted.. But I don't want her to come to my office and have a deep cleaning... I have already told her before that if she were to have sweets she would have to come to my clinic more often to prevent cavities...

Eventually, I say, "I suppose so.." I jokingly roll my eyes and tell her to put them in the basket. I won't mention it tonight but I may just give Ellie a quick cleaning at the office tomorrow afterschool when she comes to get one or more of her chips fixed.

We go to the check out and pay for the food and then make our way back to the car.

"Thank you for letting me get those, Grant," Ellie says once we are in the car.

"You're welcome, E," I say, smiling at her.

I start the car up and then we head out of the car park and make our way home.

*5 MINUTES LATER*

We're home now, so I get out of the car and go to the front door to unlock it before going back to the car to get the shopping from the boot of the car. Ellie is already in the house, sitting on the sofa watching something on her phone. After locking the car and the front door, I start to unload the shopping and put some of it away. Eventually, I get to Ellie's tangfastics so I tell her I'll put them on the breakfast bar for later when we watch a film.