~Chapter 29~

*THE NEXT MORNING*

Grant's POV:

My alarm goes off at 6:00am and I get out of bed to have a shower. I'm always up before Ellie in the morning, so I try to be as quiet as I can so I don't wake her up.

*AFTER THE SHOWER - 10 MINUTES LATER*

After my shower, I put my scrubs on, brush my hair and basically get ready to go downstairs and have breakfast. Just before I go downstairs, I check on Ellie. Normally, she is awake but just looking at her phone in bed so I say a quick good morning to her and then head downstairs to start making myself some breakfast.

As I am putting the kettle on, I hear Ellie coming downstairs.

"Hey, princess. Sleep well?"

"Yeah, I've got a headache though.." she says, rubbing her eyes.

"Do you want some paracetamol?"

She nods, so I go to the medicine cupboard to get her some paracetamol. I give her a glass of water and 2 paracetamols for her to take. "You should feel them starting to kick in a little while."

"Thanks. Am I going straight to your office after school today?"

"I was going to suggest that we did what we were going to do yesterday, but seeing as your appointment isn't until 5:15pm you can walk home and walk to the office later, if you wanted? As long as you walk down in time for your appointment, I don't mind what you do."

"Can I just walk home and then walk down to your office later? I don't want to have to sit in the staffroom especially if James goes in there."

"Okay, that's fine. Just make sure you remember!" The kettle boils, so I go over to start making us both a cup of tea, "Why wouldn't you want to sit in the staffroom if James came in?"

"I just don't like him. He just kind of scares me.."

"E, I promise you there's nothing about James that is scary. He is so kind and caring around kids. I'm not going to tell you to go and sit in the staffroom if you don't want to but maybe if you spoke to him then you would realise that he is really nice."

"Hmm..maybe..I still don't want to sit in the staffroom until 5:15pm though."

I go over to get the milk from the fridge, "That's fine but just make sure you get there a couple of minutes before..maybe aim to be in the waiting room for 5:10?"

"Okay, do I need to go up to Ruby to check in?"

"You don't have to, I can do that if you like, but if you want to speak to her then you can," Grant says, giving me a soft smile. He knows I quite like Ruby and I like speaking to her.

"Okay, I'm going to go upstairs to finish getting ready and then I'll come back down for my tea!"

I put Ellie's cup of tea on the side of the breakfast bar, so when she comes downstairs she can move it to wherever she wants to sit.

Once I have made my breakfast, I set it down next to my cup of tea, which is on the breakfast bar, and I go and get my laptop from the coffee table and bring it up to the breakfast bar. I check my schedule for after school today and then check the list of people I'm seeing at school today. Whilst checking through the list of people for today at school, I also go through and check each of their records to see if they are someone who is already one of my patients or not.

After a little while, Ellie comes downstairs and gets herself something for breakfast and then comes to sit next to me.

"Hiya, all ready for school, E?"