~Chapter 15~

Grant's POV:

I'm glad that Ellie has had her mouth checked out now, even if it wasn't by me. I tell Ellie that she has to make sure she tells me if her mouth starts hurting at all at any point throughout the night or day. I don't want her to just pretend that it's fine.

We're on our way home now and it's 10:15 pm, the car journey home is like it usually is: silent.

*15 MINUTES PASS*

I pull up on the drive, turn the engine off and get out of the car. By the time I am out of the car, Ellie is already waiting at the front door for me to unlock it. I get to the front door, unlock it and Ellie runs straight in. I don't try to call her back downstairs or anything because I figure she is very tired from today.

Ellie's POV:

Once we get home, I run into the house and go straight upstairs and into my room. I'm so tired and I just want to be left alone at the minute.

I change into my pyjamas and get into bed, I don't tell Grant that I'm going to bed but he will soon work it out. I go to lie down on my right hand side because I have forgotten about the pain I was in. Tobey had put some numbing cream or something all along my gums whilst we were down at the office. It had obviously started to wear off now, because it hurt so bad when I led down. It felt like the pain I was in when I fell down the stairs. I start crying a lot but I try to do it really quietly because I don't want Grant to come up here and go all 'dentist-mode' on me for the second time tonight.

Grant's POV:

I leave Ellie to go up to her room, assuming that she is going to bed and I make myself a cup of tea.

I sit down on the sofa and pick up my laptop from the coffee table, thinking that now could be a good time to carry on writing my presentation for Monday and the rest of the week.

*10 MINUTES GO BY*

I've been sitting here typing for a little while now and I have just finished my cup of tea, so I decided to go upstairs and see Ellie and say good night to her. I put my laptop on the sofa next to where I'm sitting and I take my cup to the sink, ready to be washed up, and I head to the stairs and Ellie's bedroom.

I get up to Ellie's door and I gently knock on it. I don't hear any answer, so I assume that she is asleep. I opened the door and just put my head in to see Ellie sat upright on her bed, crying. I immediately go up to her and sit next to her on her bed.

"Hey, E, why are you crying, princess?"

I don't get a reply, just more sobbing. I put my arms around her and give her a hug to try to comfort her.

"E?"

This time, she looks up at me.

"Hey, what's up, baby?"

"I-i-i led d-down on m-m-my s-s-side a-and m-m-my m-mouth r-r-really h-h-hurt.." She said, still sobbing.

"Aww, I'm sorry, E. Did you not want to come down and tell me?"

"N-n-no, I-i-i was s-s-s-scared.."

"You don't have to be scared, sweetheart, it's just me..your big brother..."

"I-i-i know....b-b-but I-i-i d-don't like i-i-it wh-wh-when you g-go a-all 'dentist-mode."

I feel so bad when Ellie tells me that she is still terrified to ask me for anything when she's in pain because she thinks I'll go all 'dentist-mode' on her. All I want to do is help her...

"I'm sorry, sweetheart.. I don't mean to.. I just care for you a lot and I want you to be both happy and healthy and sometimes I accidentally go into 'dentist-mode' rather than caring 'brother-mode.' "

"Do you want to come downstairs with me now and you can get some painkillers?"

Ellie nods in response. I decided to pick her up and carry her downstairs. We get downstairs and I set her down on the breakfast bar, whilst I get her a glass of water and two painkillers.

"Can you hold that for a second please, E?" I ask her as I pass her a glass of water.

I get two paracetamol and pass one to Ellie and wait for her to swallow it before I give her the second one.

Once she has taken both, I pick her back up and I walk over to the sofa where I sit down and I put her on my lap.

"Is anything else bothering you, or was it just when you leant down on the pillow?"

Ellie has calmed down a lot now.

"No, just my teeth, they kinda hurt a lot."

"They should start to feel better once the painkillers have kicked in, but you may be in pain in the morning, or whenever you first wake up. If you are in pain, please make sure you come in to me and ask me to get you some painkillers. I don't mind if it is very early in the morning, I'm not going to work tomorrow, so I don't have to be up early. Just make sure you tell me, I don't want you crying up in your room again."

"I will, this pain sucks."

"I know, baby, and I'm sorry you are in pain."

"It's okay, it's not your fault."

I just give Ellie a big hug and then I suggest she goes up to bed and gets some rest. I follow her upstairs and then I come back downstairs to turn off my laptop properly and wash up my mug from earlier and then I also go up to bed.

I go up to my bedroom and I go straight into my bathroom to clean and floss my teeth, when I remember that Ellie hasn't cleaned her teeth tonight.

I was contemplating whether I should go and ask her to, but I decided against it, as I know she is tired and she just needs some rest. I will just clean them doubly well tomorrow morning.  

A/N - Sorry for the shorter chapter!! I hope you still enjoy it :)

jess :)