~Chapter 36~

James' POV:

"Alright, Ellie. Are you okay for me to start to fix your chip now?"

"Mhm..I think so..."

"Okay, just remember to tell me if you feel uncomfortable or you want a break, yeah?"

"Yep.."

I set myself up again, hopefully for the last time.

"Open nice and wide for me, Ellie." She does. "Thank you, sweetheart."

I know that this will all take less than 10 minutes, but I want to try and get it done as quickly as I can so Ellie can go back into the staffroom and wait for Grant.

"I'm going to add the bonding stuff now, it may feel cold and a lot of pressure, but it'll be over really quickly."

This bit is probably the worst bit of the whole procedure just because of the pressure of putting the bonding material on the tooth.

*10 MINUTES LATER*

"You're all done, Ellie!!" I say, as I sit the chair up.

Ellie didn't ask me to stop once throughout the whole procedure and it went as smoothly as possible.

"You did so well! Well done! I think Grant is with someone right now, so you can go and sit in the staffroom if you want."

"Thank you, James." She smiles, as she stands up from the chair.

Once Ellie has left to go and sit in the staffroom, I start writing everything up in Ellie's notes so Grant can see what happened later. There's a little section in every patient's notes that's called 'Additional notes' which is what we normally write in if two dentists are assigned to one patient or if something doesn't fit into any of the other specifications. As Ellie has been with me for her chip as well as Grant, I wrote a couple of bits in there. It was more praise for how well Ellie coped with it all, just so Grant can see.

Ellie's POV:

I'm so glad all of that is over now. I feel stupid because the whole thing only took like just over 10 minutes but it's the environment that makes me so anxious. Anyways, I now just have to sit here until Grant has finished so he can give me a checkup. I don't want to have to sit in another exam room and have a checkup today and I'm still anxious and scared about it but I feel like now that I've had my chip fixed, I'm more prepared for it?

*2 HOURS PASS*

Grant's POV:

I've just finished with my last patient of the day, and the clinic has closed for appointments for today. I check my phone to see if there's anything that I need to reply to and I see a message from Andrew. It's been almost a week since Ellie saw Andrew for her checkup with him. I open the message:

(A - Andrew, G - Grant)

A- Hey, mate. I was just messaging you as kind of a reminder about your appointment tomorrow but also because I was wondering if Ellie was doing anything? I just thought that maybe if she came with you to see me then I could listen to her heart and check her blood pressure again, when she's not nervous about seeing me for her appointment. Oh, and also, I was just going to ask if you could still do tomorrow at 4pm?

G - Hi, mate. Yeah, I'm still good for 4pm tomorrow. No, Ellie's not doing anything, I'll try and get her to come with me but I'm not sure how well it'll work. She's down at my office at the minute just waiting for me to give her a checkup, I won't say anything about getting her to come in with me but I'll message you tomorrow and tell you if she'll come in with me.