~Chapter 33~

Grant's POV:

My alarm woke me up at 6:30, so shortly after I got up and sorted myself out before going into Ellie's room to see how she was.

I knock on Ellie's door.

"Come in," she says, in a tired voice.

"Morning, Ellie. How's your tooth feeling this morning?" I said, perching on the end of her bed.

"Hi, Grant. It's okay, I guess. My whole mouth just kind of aches," she says, shrugging.

"Does it ache all over or just where you've had work done?"

"By where my teeth are chipped and it hurts by my crack.."

"That's okay. It'll just be from where you've had all the work done. It's like it's inflamed but just not red or swollen," I say, smiling.

"Okay, can I take some paracetamol or something?"

"Yeah, of course. If it hurts throughout the day, come and see me and I can give you some more, okay?"

She just nods.

Both Ellie and I walk downstairs; I go to get her some paracetamol and she just sits down at the breakfast bar with a glass of water.

"There you go, E," I say, passing the paracetamol to her.

*TIME SKIP TO 8:30AM*

Ellie's POV:

My friends and I walk into tutor just as everyone's being told about Grant coming into school again today. The pain in my mouth hasn't really gone away with the paracetamol from earlier but I try to forget about it right now.

Grant's POV:

I get into school and start to set things up for the day, including looking through some records. There's a couple of names that I recognise as I go through the files but some are new.

*TIME SKIP TO BREAK*

Ellie's POV:

I really didn't want to have to see Grant until the end of the day, but the pain in my mouth hasn't gone away at all, I even think it may have gotten worse. The best idea is to probably go to Grant and just tell him so he can give me some more paracetamol and have a look at his clinic later, so that's what I do.

As I make my way to where Grant is, I see the door open and Grant starts walking out.

"Grant!" I say, loud enough so he can hear me. He turns around with a confused expression on his face.

"Ellie, you okay?" He asks, probably wondering why I called his name when I wanted nothing to do with him when he's at school.

"Ummm, well the pain in my mouth hasn't gotten any better with the paracetamol, so I was wondering if you could give me some more?"

Grant walks back towards me and opens the door to the medical room that everything is set up in.

"Yeah, come in here for a sec and I can get you some. Has the pain got any worse or just stayed the same?" He says, as he goes into his bag to find some paracetamol.

"I think it's got worse..."

"Is the pain in the same place or is it elsewhere now too?"

"It's just like all over, I guess.." I say, fiddling with my fingers.

"E, can I have a really quick look?" He says, stopping what he was doing and looking over at me.

"No, can you just look later when you fix my chip? I don't want you to look now."

"E, please. I'm worried that there's an infection or something. If you leave that for too long it will cause you so much more pain and will be much worse. All I want is a quick look and then you can have some painkillers and leave," Grant says, sitting on his rolling chair in front of me.

I look at him with pleading eyes.

"E, I'll be as quick as I can, I promise."

"Ughhh, fine."

"Thank you, E. Have a seat on here then for me," he says, moving back on his chair and patting the dental chair with his hand.

I go over and sit on the chair, trying to regulate my breathing so I can be out of here as soon as possible.

"Deep breathes, E, don't worry, princess. I'll be as quick as I can, okay?" he says, with a hand on my shoulder.

Grant sets up all of the tools on his tray and gets a pair of gloves and a mask out and sits back down on his stool. He puts his gloves and mask on and tells me he's going to lay the chair back down. As the chair is laying down, he adjusts the light so it's over my mouth.

"Open for me then, baby," he says, picking up his mirror.

I slowly open my mouth, but not as much as Grant wants me to as he pushes down on my chin to open my mouth more.

"Thank you, baby. This won't take long I promise."

Grant's POV:

As I'm looking around Ellie's mouth to see what's causing her pain, I notice that around her chips her gums are quite red implying that they're irritated by something.

"E, how have you been brushing your teeth?" I ask, thinking that she may have been brushing her teeth too roughly. I also take my mirror out of her mouth so she can speak.

"Ummm...like normal? What do you mean?"

"It looks like, perhaps, you have been brushing your teeth quite roughly and that's why your mouth hurts. Do you think that could be the case?"

"I don't know..." She says, quietly.

"It's okay, E. I think I'll get you a brush that has softer bristles when we're down at my office later. People do it all the time, E. Don't worry about it, princess."

"Okay, am I done now?"

"Yeah, I'll get you some paracetamol just to see if it will have any effect, okay?" I say, putting the chair back up to its original position.

I take my gloves off and sort Ellie's painkillers out and watch her leave to find her friends.

As I've technically given her a mini check-up, I have to write it in her record, just in case anything happens and someone else has to look at her records.

a/n - sorry it's been so long since i last updated, i've loads of exams but they've finished for now so, hopefully, i'll be able to update more regularly now! hope you like this :) 

-jess :)