~Chapter 22~

Ellie's POV:

I go and sit with my friends at the back of the lecture theatre.

Becky, my friend, turns to me and asks me if I'm okay.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't seem it.. Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I promise."

"Okay, if you say so. What was Dr Collins talking about and why was he talking to you?"

"Oh, he just said hi, he's kind of like a family friend, I guess."

I know she will find out sooner or later that he is actually my brother, but I don't want her to make the connection yet. I haven't told anyone about my fear apart from Grant and even then I didn't really tell him, he just kind of found out.

"Oh, that must suck having a dentist as a family friend."

"Meh, it doesn't really bother me." Absolutely not true and it bothers me no end but I can't let anyone know that.

The conversation sort of ended there and the three of us sat in silence for a little while, until Miss Kettleworth came in and quietened us all down.

"Can I have your guys' attention this way now, please? Finish your conversations and just turn this way and listen."

Everything goes quiet and we all just sit and wait for Miss Kettleworth to start speaking again.

"Good Morning, everybody. As you can tell by now, today isn't a normal day. We have someone very special here today to talk to you all and then be around for the rest of the day. I'd like you all to give a huge welcome to Dr Collins!"

People clapped when Miss Kettleworth said that but I just sat there wanting all of this to be over with, so I can forget about it.

Grant's POV:

Miss Kettleworth handed over to me to give my presentation and explain what I am doing here and what I'm going to be doing over the next week.

"Hello everyone! I'm Dr Collins and I have been asked by Miss Kettleworth to come in to see all of you guys. I'm one of the dentists down at Collins Dental Practice and I do recognise a few faces as I look around the room but not all. The question you probably all have is 'What are you doing here?', well I'm here to give you all a presentation this morning and then throughout the day today and tomorrow I will be giving you all checkups. Your parents have all been informed and they have signed a permission slip. The way it will work is that you will be called in alphabetical order and then you will go to your Heads of Year office and they will show you where to go."

As I'm speaking, I look around the room and I notice Ellie with her head down looking down at her lap. I want to go up to tell her that she will be fine but I know I can't as I'm in the middle of a presentation. I carry on with what I have to say, and then I ask if anyone has any questions about me or anything about today or tomorrow. A couple of people put their hands up and I answered their questions.

Once I have finished with that, I look over to Miss Kettleworth to let her know that I have finished and she then says that they can all talk to the people around them until the bell goes. I decided that I could use that time to talk to Ellie.

I walk up the stairs to get to her row and luckily for me she is sat on the end. I crouch down so I am eye level with her, she doesn't realise I'm here so I put my hand on her knee. "Hey, Ellie. Can I speak to you outside quickly?"

Ellie just nods. We walk outside.

"E, are you okay?"

"Yeah.." She says still looking down at her hands and fiddling with them.