~Chapter 37~

Grant's POV:

The next day went by quite quickly, and since I was going straight from school to Andrew, I said to Ellie that I would pick her up. She knows that I have my appointment with him today and that she's, at least, coming in the car with me to his office. What she doesn't know yet, is that I'm going to try and get her to come in with me. I've let Andrew know that we are on our way and will be about 20 mins, meaning that we should get to his office at around 3:50pm.

*15 MINS GO BY*

As we are approaching his office, I start up a conversation with Ellie.

"How was your day, E?"

"It was alright, I guess. Nothing really happened. Just glad my mouth doesn't hurt anymore. How was yours?"

"That's good, I'm glad. My day was alright, it was my last day at your school, so you won't have to deal with me interfering with you and your friends anymore!"

"I'm so glad! Well, until you next get called in, I guess." She says, sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"Hey! I take full offence!"

"Sorry not sorry!"

"Haha!! Anyways, will you come in with me when I go in and see Andrew? Just sit on the chair in the corner like I did when you saw him?"

"Do I have to?"

"You don't have to, but it would be nice to have some company and I think Andrew liked seeing you last time. You'll be able to speak to him when he's not being your doctor."

"I guess so. I don't want him to do anything though.."

"He'll ask both of us if he wants to, but it'll only happen if he thinks there's a good reason to do it."

I know that what I've just said will probably put her off wanting to come in but I knew if I had said for certain that Andrew wasn't going to do anything that she would've been really made at me if he asked.

"You still okay with coming in with me?"

"Yeah, just to sit on the chair."

"Okay, love.."

We finish the conversion just as we pull up. Once I've turned the car off, I get out my phone and message Andrew to say that we have arrived and that Ellie will come and sit with me.

G - Hi, mate. We've just arrived. Ellie has said that she will come in with me but 'only to sit on the chair in the corner' and that she 'doesn't want him to do anything'. I just said that you will ask us if you think it would be a good idea to do something i.e. take her blood pressure and listen to her heart. We'll come and sit inside in a minute or two.

A - Great! You can come straight back into my room if you want to, I can tell the receptionist, save you having to wait out there.

G - Oh okay, cool, mate. Thanks, we'll be in soon.

"C'mon then, Ellie. Let's go."

We both walk up to the door of Andrew's office, I look over at Ellie and smile at her. She looks pretty nervous even though we're not here for her, so I just say, "There's no need for you to be nervous, E. Just relax. We're here for me, not you, princess." In return, she just smiles at me.

Once we get in, I go over to the receptionist to 'check in', even though Andrew said to just go through to his room. The receptionist tells us that he's waiting for us and we're free to go through. I give Ellie's hand a little squeeze as she still looks nervous.

As we're walking through the corridor to his room, I'm looking for the plaque with his name on. I have a pretty good idea as to which room is his, but I just wanted to make sure. When we get to his room, I knock on the door and hear him call "Come in!" from the other side. So, we both walked in.