~Chapter 6~

*TIME SKIP TO 12:30PM*

Grant's POV:

I've just finished with my last patient before my lunch break. I get my jacket and tell Tobey that I'm going to get Ellie. I've told him I'll try and get her to get her cavity filled quickly but if I can't then I've asked Tobey if he could come in and help and then once she's got her cavity filled then I'll leave and he can talk to her about her health. I'm hoping she has cleaned her teeth and that she is ready but just in case she hasn't I text her.

(G - Grant , E - Ellie)

G - Hi, Ellie. Are you ready now?

E - no i dont want to go

G - Ellie, you have to come and get your cavity filled, we can go for ice cream once I've finished work if you want to.

E - fine but only bc i want ice cream

G - Okay, I'll come and pick you up now :)

E - k.

Ellie's POV:

I'm not ready to go to Grant's office. I am dressed but that's only because I went downstairs earlier for my cup of tea. I haven't brushed my teeth because I've decided I'm doing that when Grant gets here so he can see that I've brushed them. I get up and walk downstairs to get a drink, when I hear Grant unlock the front door.

"Ellie! I'm here!"

"I'm in the kitchen getting a drink."

"Oh, hello! Are you ready to leave?"

"I haven't cleaned my teeth, I waited for you to get here so you can see that I have cleaned them. To make you happy."

"You didn't need to wait for me to get here to clean your teeth...I would have seen when I filled your cavity at the office. I would be able to see if there's any plaque."

"So, why do I need to clean my teeth before we go to your office if you're just going to clean them anyway?"

"You are meant to clean your teeth at least twice a day - in the morning and before you go to bed at night."

"Ugh.."

"Go up and clean them now, Ellie. I'll follow you up and I'll sit on your bed. Make sure you do a full 2 minutes."

It would be so much easier if he just cleaned them at the office rather than me cleaning them and then him cleaning them. It makes no sense to me.

Grant's POV:

I knew Ellie wouldn't have cleaned her teeth by the time I got there to pick her up. She just doesn't see the point and I don't know why. I tell her to go up and clean them whilst I'm there watching her. If I watch her clean her teeth, I can see how she cleans them and I can tell her how she's meant to clean them when we are at the office. She cleans them for 2 minutes and then I say to go back downstairs and get her shoes on so we can leave. Whilst she is getting her shoes on, I pick up our lunch from the fridge and ask her to hold onto them while we are in the car.

We leave the house and get into my car and head off to my office. The journey, as always, was silent. Ellie didn't say a thing. I know she is scared but there is nothing to be scared of.

*15 MINUTES LATER*

We arrive at my office and park up. I get out of the car and go to Ellie's side to pick up our lunch so she can get out.

"Come on, Ellie. Out you get."

"No, I'm not going in there!"

"I'll take your phone if you don't come in..?"

"Take my phone all you want but I'm not going in there!"

I tell her that I'm going to put our lunch in the fridge in the office and then I'll come back for her. I lock the car so she doesn't run away.

Tobey's POV:

I hear Grant come back in after picking Ellie up. I'm sitting in the break room eating my lunch, when I see Grant come in but on his own. It confuses me a little. But I don't think much of it.

"Tobey, can you come and help me? Ellie is being stubborn and saying she isn't coming into the office. She's not listening to me, I've taken her phone like I did last time but she isn't bothered by it. I can't get James to help because he's with a patient."

"Yeah, of course mate. Do you want to come out as well or do you want to sit in the waiting room?"

"I'll sit in the waiting room. She may listen to you if it's just you talking to her. Here are the keys - the car's locked at the minute"

"Thanks, mate"

I go out to try and get Ellie to come into the clinic with me. Grant says she's being quite stubborn; I've got my work cut out!

Grant's POV:

I hope Tobey can get her to get out of the car. I feel bad getting someone she doesn't really know to get her out of the car but if I can't then it's my only option other than getting angry at her and that's not something she needs right now. I don't want her to get scared before she gets her cavity filled.

Ellie's POV:

Grant's been gone for like 5 minutes now and I wonder what he's doing, but as I can't get out of the car because he locked it, I'm just going to have to wait for him to come back. I hear the door open and then close quickly, so I look up and I don't see Grant.... I see a different person that I recognise but I don't know who he is. He comes up to the car and unlocks it. He comes round to my side of the car and opens my door.

"Hey, Ellie, I'm Tobey," he says.

"Hi, where's Grant?" I say, wanting to know what he has said to Tobey.

"Grant's inside waiting for you in the waiting room. He's asked me to come and get you out of the car because you weren't listening to him. Why weren't you listening to him, poppet?"

"I don't want to go in there. That place terrifies me. I get so scared going in there."

"There's nothing to be scared about, love, he's just your brother trying to help you. He's only doing what's best for you. He's waiting in the waiting room because he's upset because you won't listen to him. He feels as though you don't trust him. Is that true?"

"I don't trust him when he's all in 'dentist-mode'. It's scary. I don't like it."

"Like I said, he's only doing what's best for you, poppet."

"Hmmm... I guess so"

"Do you want to go in and say sorry to him and get that cavity of yours filled?"

"I guess I should."

Tobey holds his hand out for me to hold and walk into the office with him. I hold his hand and get out of the car. He closes the car door and locks it. We walk to the front door of the clinic and he opens it and goes in first, me following close behind him.