~Chapter 20~

Grant's POV:

We get back home and it's time for me to start cooking tea. I decided that we will have something chicken based tonight. Whilst I'm cooking tea, I start to think about tomorrow and how Ellie will react when she sees me. She's not going to know until I come in to speak to all of them, so I guess she won't be worrying about that but she will be worrying about her appointment later with Tobey and I.

*ABOUT HALF AN HOUR PASSES*

I finish making our tea and place both bowls on the breakfast bar ready for us to eat. I call Ellie downstairs for tea and I go and sit down with my food waiting for her to come downstairs for hers.

She comes into the kitchen but doesn't look at me and just sits down with her food.

"Hey, Ellie, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great," she says, sarcastically.

"What's with that attitude?" I ask her, wanting to know what's bothering her.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"You're clearly not fine. What's up?"

"I have to go to your stupid office tomorrow."

"Ellie, you know Tobey and I won't do anything to hurt you tomorrow. Why are you panicking over it?"

"Grant, you know why I panic over it. It terrifies me. I hate it."

"But you've proven to yourself that there is nothing to be scared of and that you will have the treatment you need done and then we can go home."

"It's easy enough for you to say because you're not the one that has to have all of it done. You can just sit there"

"Ellie, I promise you you will be fine. Don't panic about it."

Ellie doesn't respond to me and I know what I said won't make any difference to Ellie, but I really don't like her being so scared about it all. I guess tomorrow won't go anywhere near as well as I thought it was going to go.

*TIME SKIP TO 7:30PM*

It's now a bit later and Ellie is up in her room, probably stressing about tomorrow. I'm downstairs just working on the last few things for tomorrow. I have a presentation sorted and I have all of the students on my system for their records.

I'm not going straight into school tomorrow because I need to get tools, masks, gloves and wipes from the office. The school already has a medical room with a proper dental chair and everything in there, which is good. I just need to get the key for that from Miss Kettleworth in the morning.

Once I've finished everything on my laptop, I go into the kitchen to make drinks for tomorrow and put them in the fridge. I decided I wasn't going to make a salad for Ellie and I now for tomorrow because I never normally do that. I don't really want Ellie to suspect anything else and for her to start panicking or worrying about anything else.

*THE NEXT DAY - MONDAY 7:00AM*

Ellie's POV:

Great...today's the day where I have to get my teeth sorted. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are getting sorted cus they kinda hurt but I don't want them sorted as well because I don't want to have to go to Grant's office. I suppose like Grant said last night, I don't have to worry about it now because it's not until after school.

I get out of bed and put my school uniform on and then walk downstairs for breakfast.

"Hi, E. Good sleep?"

"Hi, Grant. Yeah, fine."

"What do you want for breakfast?" He says, as he stands by the worktop in the kitchen making what I assume to be our lunches.

"I don't know, a slice of toast?"

"You can't just have one slice of toast, E, that won't keep you full. How about some cereal - weetabix?"

"Fine then."

Grant makes me some weetabix and then passes me the bowl and a spoon. I sit and eat my breakfast whilst looking through social media on my phone. Grant and I don't speak very much.

Once I've finished my breakfast I go back upstairs to pack my books for school today.

*TIME SKIP TO 8:20AM*

It's time for me to leave now, so I go back downstairs with my bag, go into the kitchen to get my lunch, put it in my bag and then go to put my shoes on.

"Are you leaving now, Ellie?"

"Yeah, I'm going to meet some of my friends outside school."

"Okay, remember I'll come and pick you up after school, so wait by the gate."

"Yeah, I will."

I then head out of the door.

Grant's POV:

Ellie's gone now, so I'll start to put some stuff in my bags and head off down to the office just to get some things for school.

I put the chicken salad and my bottles of water in my bag, got my car and house keys and headed out of the door.

I started driving to my office.

*15 MINUTES PASS*

I arrive at my office, and because the office opens at 8:30am, everyone's already in there. I walk into the staff room just to say hello to anyone that's in there - as it happens both James and Tobey are in there.

"Hey guys."

"Hi, Grant, wasn't expecting to see you here this morning...school cancelled?" James said and Tobey nodded his head in agreement.

"No, I just needed to get some tools and masks as stuff. I'm heading over there in about 15mins. I don't know how well Ellie is going to take it with me being there..."

"Ohh, right, okay, mate. Hmm..yeah that's a tough one. I'm sure if you give her time she will be okay," Tobey said.

"Yeah, I hope so.. Well, anyway, nice talking to you two but I need to head off as quickly as I can so I'm just going to get the stuff and head off."

"Okay, mate." James says.

*5 MINUTES LATER*

I've got all the stuff I need and now I'm heading to school. I hope it all runs smoothly today and I can get through as many people as I can. Hopefully, I will be able to do my presentation at the start and then just be able to call everyone one by one into the medical room. I've said to Miss Kettleworth that I will do it alphabetically, but I don't know whether I should stick to keeping it alphabetically or whether I should get Ellie to in last, so we can just go off straight away afterwards.

I feel as though I should just keep it as it was and try to keep it as normal so Ellie doesn't feel like the odd one out or anything.

*10 MINUTES LATER - 8:45AM*

I arrive at school and take out both of my bags - one with my stuff in it and the other with the equipment for school - and I lock the car and head into the main reception area to sign in and to be told where to go.

A/N: tysm for 4k reads!!! omg i never thought that i would get this many, ty!
i'd really appreciate any feedback on the story so far :) <3