~Chapter 16~

Ellie's POV:

I wake up with a shooting pain going straight down the right hand side of my jaw. Ugh...Why can't this pain just go away. I turn my phone over to look at the time and it reads 02:21. I don't really want to wake Grant up, because it's so early in the morning, but he did say to make sure that I go into his room and wake him up if I am in pain...

After many minutes of me sitting contemplating, I decide that I'm going to have to go to Grant if I want to be out of pain. I move my duvet over and out of the way and get out of bed, putting my slippers on. I get to my door and I get another sharp, shooting pain going down my jaw; I wince.

I leave my bedroom and go along the landing to get to Grant's bedroom. I carefully open the door, trying to be as quiet as I can, even though I'm about to wake him up anyway. Slowly, I walk up to the left side of his bed.

"Grant..?"

No reply.

I say it a little louder, "Grant...?"

A little movement.

This time I shook his shoulder, "Grant...?"

"Mmmm..."

"Grant, my mouth really hurts again..."

Grant's POV:

I am woken up by what I think is someone shaking my shoulders. The only person that can be is Ellie... I wake up and slowly open my eyes, to find Ellie standing by the side of my bed.

"Mmmm..."

"Grant my mouth really hurts again..."

"Aww, baby, I'm sorry.. Let's go downstairs and get you some painkillers."

Ellie nods to that and I get out of bed.

We both walk down to the kitchen and I pick Ellie up and put her on the breakfast bar like I did before.

I pour a glass of water for Ellie to drink and I ask her to hold it whilst I get the painkillers from the cupboard.

"Here's one, E," I say as I pass her one tablet.

She swallows it and then I give her the second one.

"You should feel better after these two. How about we sit down here until you can feel the painkillers starting to work?"

"I don't want to keep you up just because of this, though.."

"E, I don't mind. I would be happier staying down here until you don't feel the pain rather than going back to bed and knowing that you will still be in pain for a little while."

"Okay, I guess we could, then."

We go over to the sofa and I put on an episode of Euphoria.

*AN HOURS PASSES*

Ellie's POV:

We've just finished watching an episode of Euphoria, and Grant asks me if my mouth still hurts and I shake my head. He says we should go back up to bed again, considering it's now 3:40am. I'm really tired, so I just nod my head.

*THE NEXT DAY*

Grant's POV:

I woke up at 9:30am, still quite tired from earlier, when we were in the kitchen. But, I'm glad Ellie came in to me and told me that she was in pain rather than just sleeping it off.

I get out of bed, go into my bathroom, have a shower and get dressed before I go downstairs.

When I get downstairs, it looks like I am the first to get down there, so I turn on the lights and put the kettle on. I get my laptop and start to write a bit more of my presentation. I had emailed Miss Kettleworth about how she wanted me to go about tomorrow and she just said that I have free control. I think that taking most of lesson 1 just talking to all of them would be a good idea, because then it gives me 4 hours doing checkups.

I would try to schedule all of their checkups and make it work more like how it would in the office, but I don't know how long I'm going to bed with each person and I don't want a backlog of people standing outside. Miss Kettleworth sent me all of the names that they have had a form back from in Year 8 and Year 9, so I can start making records and putting a list order together.

Just as I'm about to add people to my software that I use at the office, when Ellie walks in.

"Morning, princess, does your mouth feel any better now?"

"Hi, yeah it does, thanks."

"Yay! I'm glad," I say, smiling at her, "Fancy a cuppa?"

"It might make my mouth hurt, because it's hot.."

"Does it hurt when you drink hot or cold things?"

"Yeah, it hurt a bit when I had a can of coke yesterday.."

"When did you have that can yesterday?!" I say, half joking, half wanting to know where she got it from and why she had it in the first place.

"After tea.." She said, her voice starting to go really quiet.

"And you didn't ask me?" I say, wondering why she didn't ask me first, she normally does.

"Because I knew you would say no.."

"I only say no to it because it's bad for your teeth, E."

"I know, but I just wanted some."

"Fine. Well, I can't change what you had in the past, but I can clean your teeth now!"

"Ugh.. What if I say no?"

"Sorry, E, but you have no choice. I'll be carefull, I promise."

Ellie doesn't respond but I pick her up and carry her to the bathroom upstairs and I set her down on the side.

I got her toothbrush and toothpaste.

"Open for me, princess."

Ellie opens the tiniest bit.

"Can you open a bit more?"

Ellie opens a bit more, but not much. I tickle under her chin, to make her laugh and for her to open her mouth more. It works.

"Hehe, thank you, baby."

I brush her teeth, being careful of her bad teeth.

Once we have finished, I pick up her mouthwash and I look at it.

"E, do you use this?"

"No...." She says, practically whispering.

"E, it's really important. You should use it. I'll give you some now."

"No, please, Grant. I don't like it. It burns really bad."

"Okay, I'll only give you a little bit, so it doesn't burn as much, okay?"

"Mhm... I guess"

I give her the mouthwash and she swallows it. Once I've put it away again, I lift her off of the side and we walk back downstairs.