~Chapter 12~

Grant's POV:

I'm at work today again, but I'm so glad it's Sunday tomorrow. The office is closed on Sunday's, so that's my day off during the week. I feel like this week has been a very long week. It's my lunch break at the minute, so I'm just sitting in the break room talking with Tobey.

"How's Ellie? I realise she hasn't been here in a while, like during the day?"

"She's okay, I guess. We sat down the other day and talked about why she is so scared of coming here, and she basically told me because she doesn't know the place very well and it makes her uncomfortable. I told her that the only way to get used to the office and know it better is to come down here but she didn't want to. So, whilst we were talking I suggested the idea that I bring some tools home and she has her checkups at home for a while and she would have them more regularly to get her used to it. She seemed to be okay with it."

"That sounds like a good idea, mate. If you need any help or whatever, then just ask me.

"Thanks, mate. I really appreciate it. Sometimes it just gets a lot, trying to get her down here to have a checkup."

All of a sudden, my phone starts ringing. It's weird because only emergency calls make my phone vibrate during my work hours. I set my phone to only vibrate if Ellie, the school, or anyone at my office is calling me during work.

I look down at my phone and it's the school...

"Sorry, Tobey. I need to take this."

"No worries, I have a patient anyway." Tobey gets up and leaves the room and I answer the phone.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hi, is this Dr Grant Collins?"

"Yes, it is."

"Hiya, this is Miss Sophie Kettleworth. I am calling to ask if you are free at all next week?"

"Hello, Miss Kettleworth. I would have to check my schedule, but I doubt I would be free for very long, why?"

"As a school, we think it is very important to keep our students' healthy. We were wondering if you would be free to come into school and talk to the kids about their health and possibly give them checkups?"

"Oh, of course. I think I will be very busy next week, I can see if I can juggle some things around and see if any of my colleagues can take some of my patients. What day and times were you thinking?"

"That would be great, Dr Collins. We would preferably have all of next week with you..? We know it is a lot to ask especially this late and this close. We understand if you can't do it."

"You can call me Grant and I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can juggle around enough patients. I think next week I have quite a few students from Year 8 and 9? Maybe we could start with those guys, so I'm not having to swap around as many patients, if that is okay with you?"

"Year 8 and 9 sounds good to start with. Maybe half the week with Year 8 and half the week with Year 9? Thank you so much, Grant."

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea, No problem, this is just why I do this job. To help others. I'll be in touch later tomorrow."

"Thank you, again. Just call me on this number again."

With that, I ended the phone call. I go into my exam room to have a look at my schedule for next week. It is quite busy, I'll ask if James and Tobey can meet me in my exam room after work to talk about it.

*THE END OF THE WORKING DAY*

I'm sitting in my exam room waiting for James and Tobey to come in. Soon enough, they both walk in.