~Chapter 21~

Ellie's POV:

I meet my friends outside school and we walk in together, stopping at our lockers to put our coats away, and then going into form.

My friends and I just wait around in our form room talking to each other until the second bell goes at 8:40am, at which point our form tutor comes in.

She takes the register and then checks the bulletin to see if there's any notices for us for today or any upcoming events this term.

"I think there's just one thing for you guys for today...and that is..." she says, trying to find it, "There is a dentist coming into school today to talk to you all about your health and to give you all a check up. Your parents have all been told about this and have signed permission slips for you guys. It also says here that you will not do lesson 1 and that you should go to the lecture theatre for that lesson. Lessons 2-5 you will attend but may be called out for your check ups. Any questions?"

I immediately look down. Why does this have to happen?! OMG NO!!!! It's Grant! He's the main local dentist around here! NO NO NO NO!!!

I feel my face going red, and my friend notices, "Hey, you okay? You've gone bright red..?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine," I say, trying to make it not look so obvious.

"Oh, and if at any point throughout the day, you want to speak or find Dr Collins, then go to Heads of Year - they will show you where to go," My form tutor says.

I feel practically everyone turn to look at me. Great, they've made the connection between me and my brother. Great, just great.

"Ellie, is that your brother?!" One boy asks me from the back of the room, he is basically our year's bully, so I don't respond to him.

I stand up and walk over to my form tutor to ask her if I can go to the toilet. I don't actually need the toilet but I'm going down to Heads of Year to find my brother to ask him what the hell he is doing here. She lets me go, and I make my way down there.

*3 MINUTES PASS*

Ellie's POV:

I get to Heads of Year, and I knock on the door, waiting for someone to let me in.

"Come in!!"

I open the door and stand in the doorway instead of walking all the way in. "Hi, is there any chance that you could tell me where Dr Collins is? I just want to speak to him," I say, assuming they haven't made the connection too.

"Yeah, of course. I'll show you where to go. Follow me."

We walk to the medical room and I get told to just wait outside whilst my Head of Year knocks on the door and walks in. I try to listen to what she is saying but I can't understand much - just mumbles. Soon enough, she walks back out and says that I could go in.

"Thanks," I say, and I wait for her to walk down the corridor before walking in. By now, the door has closed, so I open it and walk in. Grant turns around on his stool and looks at me.

"Grant, why are you here?" I say, quite annoyed.

"Hi, Ellie, what's with the attitude? Nice to see you too, by the way. I'm here because I've been asked to come in."

"You know I hate your job, and now you're coming into school too?!"

"E, I'm not just here for you, in fact I'm more here for everyone else."

"Well, when my name gets called later, I'm not coming here."

"Ellie, if you don't come here when your name gets called, then someone will come and get you and you will draw more attention to yourself that way. You can just come here, it will be fine. I'm just your brother."

"Grant, you don't understand though. I hate this. You're not just my brother. You're my dentist too - I don't like it."

"I know you don't, E, and I'm sorry you do hate it, but, please, for me, will you just come here and at least sit here with me?"

"Fine, I guess so."

"Thank you, E."

I give Grant a small smile and then turn to head out of the door to go back to form. He doesn't say anything which I'm thankful for.

I get back to form and there's only about 5 minutes left. I sit back down at my table and I look at the board and there's a presentation about today and what will happen. My form tutor reads it out - "When your name gets called out, head to your Heads of Year office and they will tell you where to go - just the same as you would if you needed or wanted Dr Collins throughout the day. Once you have finished, just make your way back to class." She tells us a couple more things about how the day will go and reminds us to all go to the lecture theatre for our first lesson.

Grant's POV:

There's a couple of minutes until the bell goes for the first lesson of the day, so I make my way up to the lecture theatre with my laptop to start to set up for the Year 9's coming in.

*THE BELL GOES*

Ellie's POV:

The bell has just gone, so everyone in my form gets up and leaves, ready to go to the lecture theatre. I can feel my heart beating so fast that it's practically beating out of my chest. I know it's so stupid being scared of my brother but I just really hate him being dentist.

I walk to the lecture theatre with my friends and as we get up to the door, I see Grant saying hello to everyone as they walk through. My friends walk through before I do and they both say hello to him. I walk in just after they do and I just scowl at him. I'm one of the last ones to walk in so Grant quickly says to me, "Wait behind after, please, I just wanna speak to you."

I just kind of brush that off.

Grant's POV:

When Ellie just scowls at me, I do get a little hurt by it, and I do start to think if this was a good idea to accept this or whether I should have just got James to do it. I quickly realise that if I had got James to do this Ellie would have gone absolutely mental and would hate me forever, whereas I think me being here is slightly better. I tell her to wait behind because I just want to speak to her and tell her again that she just has to come and sit with me for 15 mins rather than me giving her a checkup because she is already coming to the clinic after school anyway so I can do one then. 

a/n - hi! sorry that i haven't updated in a while!! i'll try to update more regularly from now on :)