~Chapter 30~

Ellie's POV:

My friends and I sat in registration for a little while before our tutor came in. We all waited for her to set up and tell us if there were any notices for us for the day. She said, "The notices on the bulletin for you guys are mostly the same as yesterday: Dr Collins will be in all day and you will be called for your check-ups throughout the day. However, if you have already had your check-up you won't be called again. Also, if you saw Dr Collins yesterday but didn't have your check-up you will be called first today. And then if at any point you want to speak to Dr Collins at break or lunch, head to Heads of Year and they will take you to him."

I almost shiver every time she says 'Dr Collins' because I find it awkward when people address Grant that way.

Gran't POV:

After about 5 minutes of driving, I arrived at school. It's 8:45am, so I quickly get my bag out of the boot of the car and head to reception.

"Hiya, Dr Collins, here for check-ups..?" I said to the receptionist.

"Hello, all good, do you know where you're heading?"

"Yeah, I think so, thank you," I said, heading out of reception and to the medical room where I was yesterday. I was planning on going to see Mrs Kettleworth before 9am but I need to get everything set up and ready to go so I'll just see what time I have afterwards.

*9AM - THE BELL HAS JUST RUNG*

I had just finished setting everything up and getting the first person's records loaded up - Megan Allwood. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get Megan to have a check-up today. She seemed to have calmed down a bit towards the end yesterday but she still looked very tense and worried. I just hope that we can get it over and done with for her sake today.

Not long after the bell had rung, I heard a knock at the door. I got up to open it and I was greeted by Mrs Kettleworth instead of Megan.

"Hi, Dr Collins. Megan is here, she is sat a little way down the corridor. She's a bit nervous and worried at the minute."

"Hi, Mrs Kettleworth. Okay, thank you for letting me know. I'll go and speak to her," I say, smiling.

Hopefully, this will be like yesterday and it will be quick and easy getting Megan into the room. As I approach Megan, I crouch down so I'm at eye-level with her.

"Hey, Megan. It's me, Dr Collins. Are you okay?"

Megan has her head between her legs and her arms resting on the top of her head. Instead of saying how she felt she just shook her head.

"Do you want to follow me into my room so we can talk about what's making you feel like this in private?"

Megan just shrugs her shoulders. I kind of take that as an ok.

"C'mon on then, Megan," I say, standing up holding my hand out for her to take. Surprisingly, she does.

Once we get into the room, I tell Megan to sit wherever she feels most comfortable, so she goes and sits on the chair in the corner of the room. When she sits down and makes herself comfortable, I go over and sit in front of her, like I did yesterday, on my rolling stool.

"Megan, do you want to tell me what makes you feel so nervous and worried?"

She basically just ignores the question and just fiddles with her fingers in her lap. I try to think of another way to approach this.

"Are you scared of me, Megan?"

She just shrugs.

"Are you scared about the tools and what I'm going to do?" I ask, already knowing that that's probably what she is scared of.