~Chapter 24~

Ellie's POV:

The bell has just gone, so I head out onto the field to go and sit with my friends. As I'm heading to the field I pass the medical room, I try to walk as quickly but as quietly as I can so Grant doesn't notice me - that plan backfired.

"Oh, hi Ellie!" My brother shouted for me, way too energetically.

I just wave and carry on walking, not wanting a conversation with him right now. I just want to go and find my friends and forget about it all for now. For a second, I thought I got away with not talking to Grant, until he shouted, "Ellie, can I just speak to you for a second, please?"

With that, I turn back around and roll my eyes at him. "Make whatever you want to say quick, I was on my way to find my friends."

He just chuckles and leads me inside the room as if he is about to give me a checkup. I walk in first and he follows closely behind, closing the door behind him. I deliberately stay close to the door, so I can get out quickly if I want to.

"I wanted to make sure you're feeling better now you've had some paracetamol..?"

"Yeah, it's helped. Is that all?"

"Good! I'm glad! I was also thinking about what you were saying earlier.."

"And you decided that you're not going to give me a checkup and that I don't have to go to your office later?"

"Hm..not quite..!" he says, laughing, "I was thinking that I was just going to give you a smaller checkup here, and then I can give you a proper checkup and cleaning later when we are down at the office..?"

"I mean, no, but I guess I have to say okay."

"See how you feel later, yeah?"

"Sure." I say, turning around and opening the door to leave.

Whether I have a checkup here or at his office, I still don't want one and I'm still as scared to have one.

I try to forget about all of that for now, and go onto the field to find my friends.

*20 MINUTES GO BY*

Grant's POV:

The first bell has just gone for the end of break, so I head into Miss Kettleworth's office to let her know that I'm ready for her to get the next person. At the start of the day, I gave her a list of the people I was giving checkups, so she knew who was next too. The next person on the list was Joshua Case, another patient of mine at my office.

Once I have told Sophie I'm ready for her to get the next person, I head back to the medical room to wipe down all of the surfaces and set everything back up for when Joshua comes into the room. I load up his records and I start to read any notes from last time. One part that stuck out was that he hasn't been to see me in 1 ½ years. It's not a long time, but in that time Joshua could have seen me at least 3 times, this suggests to me that he isn't fond of seeing me. I read some other things on his record, basically to see what he last came in for and how everything was last time.

There was a knock at the door, so I got up and I saw Joshua standing at the door with Miss Kettleworth, so I said thank you to her and I told Joshua to come in and take a seat. "Long time no see! How are you doing, Joshua?"

"Umm..I'm okay.." he says looking down at his lap.

Currently, he is sitting sideways on the dental chair, so I roll my stool so I'm sitting in front of him.

"You sure, buddy?"

As I say that, Joshua slowly shuffles back on the chair, to, I guess, get away from me. I'm beginning to think that my first assumption of why he hasn't been to see me in so long is true. He didn't answer my question either, so I need to try and approach this in a different way, maybe the same way I did with Megan earlier.