17. Spiritual Feelings

Chapter 17

Spiritual Feelings

Mary’s POV

I have no control of myself. I realized that after I hit Kate in a desperate way of waking her up from the trance she was in. I wasn’t thinking and I wasn’t careful. Now I made everyone angry, including my mate who seems to worship the ground Kate is walking on. I worship the ground Kate walks on too. I can’t believe I hurt her. I hurt everyone by doing that.

Jupiter grabs my hand after walking in silence through the forest for about twenty minutes. I strengthen myself up to face his anger but is met by a very loving smile instead. He touches my cheek gently and I blush deeply at the tingling sensation that spreads from his finger into my body.

“I know I’ve been angry,” he says softly. “Kate’s been through a lot. I had to watch her go through it for so many years and that hurt so much. It hurt her, it hurt me and it hurt you. I’ve been angry for so many years. I couldn’t show her because she needed me to be happy. It finally feels like I can let go now that she’s home and have so many to lean on. I think you if anyone should allow me to show my right feelings. You will be my strength from now on Mary Heart.”

I’m so surprised that I can’t speak. What did he just say? He looks so serious where he is fighting against his want to be closer to me.

“What?” I say puzzled. “You’re a Spirit.”

“That’s what Kate had to see me as to survive,” he whispers. “I want you to see me as a man. I need you to see me like one. Kate will find comfort in Adam who can be her sweet guardian from now on. I just want to be me and I hope that you will give me a chance?”

My head starts spinning. Can I see him as a man and as my mate? My heart screams yes while my mind says no. I’ve been angry with the Spirits for too long. I can’t just let my heart decide for myself that easily. I must get used to him. I must get to know him first. Oh wait, that’s what he’s asking for, just a chance to be himself.

I give him a weak smile. “I want to. I’ve gotten so uncontrollably violent since you showed up though. It scares me.”

“I know,” he says with a blush. “I know why.”

I raise an eye brow at him. “You do? I’m confused. I usually have so much control over myself. It is embarrassing. My parent’s thinks highly of me and are probably disappointed in me.”

My heart pains and I moan loudly. It always hurts a bit more when I’m worried. I expect him to tell me why. He’s cute when he blushes. His skin is as white as snow and doesn’t get red. I can still see the blush on his cheeks and it makes my knees all weak. I should probably be embarrassed to think about it when he can read my mind, but I don’t care. He’s my mate, not some random guy I want to impress.

“It’s only natural,” Jupiter assures me. “Everyone reacts differently when they meet their mates. I’m afraid you will be like this until we…”

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” I yell loudly. “I will not have sex with you in a forest.”

I stomp down my foot and glare at him like he’s going to take advantage of me. He looks shocked over my statement. I wonder why. Wasn’t that was he was about to say?

“Are you out of your mind?” he answers me insulted. “Why would I want that? We’re not anywhere ready to take that step yet.”

“If ever,” I cut him off. “Why do I get the embarrassing mate effect? How does it even affect you?”