7. Love is love

Chapter 7

Love is love

Princess’ POV

I’m exhausted after chasing troublemakers in the Northwall Pack all night. I hide my tiredness behind a cheery face because it is The Little Ones birthday today and I don’t want to ruin it by falling asleep.

Mother banned everyone from calling the triplets The Little Ones, but she can’t stop me from thinking about them like that inside my mind. Only I have access to my own mind and ever better now since I took over the Ninjan Pack from Alpha Bear six years ago.

The last fourteen years have been difficult. Vincent’s support has meant everything to me. None of us can even look at Mary without seeing Kate in her and Mary herself has taken an antisocial behaviour and locks herself in with her anger. I lost a sister too, but I can’t act like her. I just conquered another Pack when Kate went missing and I was only seventeen years old.

It has been anything but easy to tame the Northwall Pack. The wolves there are very hostile and selfish. It’s hard to earn their trust and it still feels like I haven’t fully won them over. I made life easier for them and they are managing better now. That’s all that matters.

It’s horrifying to think how Vincent’s father had let the pack fall apart like that. It took four years to get the economies right so most of the pack members had a job to go to in the morning. They were mostly trained to attack and scare other packs away. The children weren’t educated enough and Vincie and I spent a lot of time to get the school up to standards.

Vincent is a headmaster of a school there and teaches the students his favourite subject; Werewolf Studies. Sadly this means that we live mostly with the Northwall Pack and I had to hold back a lot of my own wishes to become a teacher in the Ninjan Pack.

I am planning to give up my Alpha position in the Northwall Pack soon. I already have a successor and he’s almost ready to take over. James is a good man with a tough heart, but he’s fair. 

Vincent and I have waited a long time to create a family of our own and it is very tiring to run two packs. Adam is leading the Ninjan Pack with Alpha Bear’s assistance. The old man is still alive and he still takes turn around the houses to claim a spot at their dinner tables. I can’t think of a day when we won’t have him around anymore. He teaches us hospitality and he never loses his sense of humour. 

My own family is a shell of what it used to be. Kate’s bed and her toys are still on the shelf like she left it. Mother wants to feel that she still has a home to come home to. She mostly had to take care of Mary and Tom by her own since father uses all his time to search for Kate. Sometimes he takes another mission to bring in some money.

We are eating dinner and I can’t thank the Wolf Spirits enough for giving Tom a wonderful mate like Leanne. He’s so happy to have a car. I know he want to take his mate out for dates without everyone luring on them. I’m quite glad for meeting my mate so far away from my family even though he did give me a hard time in the beginning by not accepting me.

I give Vincent a loving smile and my heart still skips a beat when I meet his brown eyes. I can’t believe how he tricked me into wearing a dress by seducing me before we went here. Our sex is always fantastic and leaves me dazed afterwards so I didn’t complain when he handed me the green dress. I threw it on quickly because we were already running late.

I have no idea what everyone is talking about until Kaitlyn says that she dreamt about the ocean again. I’m too scared to be hopeful after all these years but the hope blooms inside my heart anyways.