1. When time is right

Sequel to: Princess and The Little Ones

<--------------- DON’T FORGET ABOUT ME ------------------>

Chapter One 

When time is right

Mary’s POV

I used to have a triple sister. That was a long time ago. Fourteen years ago to be exact. I lived longer than I’ve known her and I will never get over the loss of not having her here with me. A piece of my soul is missing. It’s living somewhere else. It’s enough for me to tear my hair off, but I’m not. I don’t want my family to worry about me more than they already do.

I wonder what she looks like today, even if I know that she identical to me. I can stare into the mirror for hours when I’m left undisturbed. She could be thinner or thicker than me. I don’t think we have the same haircut. My blonde locks are falling down my back in soft ringlets and they are glistering like gold in the sunlight. My hair is my greatest asset. My older sister is considered to be one of the best looking people in our pack. I guess they think I’m pretty too, even if my cracked soul makes me look pale and gloomy. Kate must be a beauty wherever she is kept.

I can’t remember much of the day she was kidnapped. All I know was that we were out on a great adventure. We were looking for wolf berries for our next batch of cookies and we could smell them not too far away. We didn’t feel threatened by the man approaching us since the Sunshiny Pack we were visiting are known for their kindness. How were we to know that this man was a part of the horrific Northwall Pack?

One minute he was walking and the other he jumped at me and all I could feel was pain when he ripped my body and soul into pieces. I woke up a few days later in my own bed at home. My body was completely healed, but my spirit never recovered after Mother told me about Kate’s disappearance. We were only five years old.

It was hard to grow up without my second half. I don’t know where she is and how she is hurting. Are they kind to her? Is she kept locked up or did they brainwash her?

The hardest thing to accept is our failure to find her. Five Packs joined the search for Kate and every trail ended up to a dead end. My father can’t find her even if he is the best detective in the whole world.

Where the hell did they go? It’s like they vanished from the earth’s surface.

I’m afraid to laugh and smile. I think I might forget about her if I am happy. I want the constant pain in my heart to always remind me of her. I don’t want to let go. I will never let go as long as she is alive.

I graduated two years ago and I’m still clueless what to do with my life. My sister Princess suggested that I should go on a trip to find my mate. I just gave her an angry glare back. Why would I leave the only sane pack in the world? I prefer to spend my time with normal people, thank you. My mate can come looking for me when he wants me and I even shouted that to the Wolf Spirits so they know about it too.

I have a really bad relationship with the Wolf Spirits since they allowed my sister to get abducted. I know my reasoning is unfair, but I can’t help how I feel. They can’t control a free will and that is what angers me. 

I’m in an awful mood since it’s our nineteenth birthday today; another reminder that Kate isn’t here to celebrate it with us. Tom is really excited since Father promised to buy him a car. I am happy for his sake; I just don’t want any car for myself. I don’t need one for driving around our small village. I have no idea what they bought me. I feel sad about all the gifts Kate is missing out on.