03

When the sun was at a high peak it awoke Yoongi, projecting light into the room through a gap in the curtains. Yoongi opened his eyes and tried to move around to stretch but two heavy weights restricted him. Taehyung had ended up cuddling his hyung in the night and this resulted with one arm and leg wrapped around Yoongi's body.

Yoongi carefully peeled the younger off of him and went to the bathroom to freshen up. He ruffled his hair looking at himself one last time in the mirror. He had dark circles under his eyes and a scab on his chin from when he had picked at a spot. Walking into the kitchen to find breakfast he almost bumped into Seokjin who stood daydreaming, hugging a mug of tea. "Morning hyung." Yoongi said, grabbing a tangerine from the fruit bowl. 

"Ya! Yoongia, you frightened me." Seokjin turned to him and put his mug down. Seokjin eyed him. Didn't he have two of those last night?

He sighed and looked at the door Yoongi had just entered through. "How is he? Did he tell you what happened last night?" Yoongi didn't need to look up to know the guilt that etched its way onto Seokjin's face subconsciously. It was rich in his tone of voice, adding a denseness in the air.

"He's still asleep. He didn't actually tell me anything, but that's the thing hyung. He doesn't seem like he wants to tell me and yet I want to know so badly. He's never been this quiet about something upsetting him before. Whatever you and Jimin said to him must have been awful." he mumbled the last bit as he leaned an elbow on the countertop after putting his tangerine peel in the bin. "Anyway, I doubt you're going to tell me but until he does I'll keep defending him."

"So, you don't know what this is about yet you are blindly defending him?" Seokjin laughed, and when there was a grumbled response he continued. "I mean I don't blame you, and you're lucky that he is in the right this time, I will admit that. I actually feel really bad about what happened but you're right. I'm not going to tell you and I think you need to hear it from him." And with that he drained the last of his tea, washed the mug out and went to the lounge to watch TV. 

Yoongi sighed and looked back at the door. Was he even doing the right thing? What had he gotten himself into for this boy? Just then the door cracked open and Taehyung's head popped out. "Hyung!" He whispered and ushered him into the hallway. Taehyung grabbed his arm as they swiftly entered Yoongi's room. "Hyung..who's awake right now?"

Yoongi looked at the distressed boy with a confused look. "Just Jin hyung, why? Is something wrong?" 

"No, not really. Did he tell you why we fought?" Taehyung looked concerned and a little embarrassed.

Yoongi sat on his bed, a slight furrow in his brow, "No he didn't, but I do think you should tell me so I at least know why I'm defending you." He also felt like they boys needed to get the apology out of the way, otherwise his odd feeling that Taehyung was going to be extra clingy today would come true. And he still had a nagging headache which had not disappeared over night and he feared this situation would worsen it. Yoongi was met with silence as the taller sat next to him. Taehyung ran his hands through his long hair dark and heaved a sigh. 

Was he ready to expose himself to his hyung? Was he ready to admit that maybe Jimin and Jin hyung were right in the end? No, not at all. So he told only half truths. Being a little vague couldn't hurt, right? "I told Jiminshi a dream I had and we were trying to interpret what it meant but he started teasing me and maybe he was right but I didn't think so at the time and I got overwhelmed and he threatened to tell the others. And well, actually, did you know if you dream you're pregnant it symbolises the birth of new creative ideas you will have?"

Yoongi's head snapped over to the boy. "What?" He couldn't even piece together the last bit. "Look, if you don't want to give details that's okay. I think what happened is that Jimin took his teasing too far and Jin hyung wrongly sided with him, correct?" Taehyung just nodded. He flopped back onto Yoongi's bed and sighed again, fiddling with his fingers. So distracting his hyung hadn't worked. "Okay, all we've got to do is get them to apologise and we're all cool." Yoongi patted one of Tae's thighs, about to leave when the younger grasped his hand.

"Hyung, it's still early. Please rest with me for a bit." When Yoongi turned to look at the younger one, his heart jumped in his chest. Taehyung looked sad and vulnerable but his eyes were half open and he had an innocent look. It was a borderline Tata mic face, which the younger knew that if this were any other hyung he'd have been taken the piss out of, but it was Yoongi. His favourite hyung. Who only sometimes made fun of him but truly never meant it. So it was okay.

And right now as he looked up to see his hyung's conflicted gaze he slightly pulled him back with a smirk. Surely a couple more minutes avoiding his members couldn't hurt.