06

Later that night, when Taehyung lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling, he began thinking about all that had happened. He tossed and turned and tried to calm his mind but ultimately he just couldn't sleep. It was so quiet he heard the clock in the kitchen chime signalling that it was 12 o'clock. Great. How was he going to sleep now? He sat up and looked around the room. Jimin lay fast asleep in the bed next to him, the room in pitch darkness and absolute silence. It almost felt suffocating.

Taehyung got up with his pillow and made his way out of the room. He quietly walked down the corridor and sneaked into the room. He assumed that it would be equally as dark but he found his hyung laying down on the floor with headphones on staring at the ceiling, the bedside lamp providing light. Yoongi didn’t notice when Taehyung slowly made his way onto the bed and peered over at him. Not until he yawned, stretched, sat up and  swivelled towards the bed. They stared at each other with wide eyes, “How can I help you?” Yoongi sighed, pulling out his headphones. He put his phone on charge and sat on the bed as Taehyung sat up and moved over. 

“I can’t sleep.” Taehyung simply said looking at his hyung expectantly. The room was cosy and he was feeling a lot better now. Yoongi looked at the younger and then back out to his room. “Alright.” Yoongi whispered and they both got up. Under the covers with the light off Taehyung looked next to him. He was desperate to ask his hyung what he had been doing when he came in the room, questions crackled on the tip of his tongue and as if he could tell Yoongi spoke up.

“I was listening to a track I made for you. It was something I was working on when you came to me yesterday. How I ended up on the floor though, I can’t remember, but it’s surprisingly comfortable.” He turned to look at the younger despite the pitch blackness of the room preventing him. Suddenly he felt warm fingertips dancing on his cheeks. The fingers tickled across his cheeks and over the bridge of his nose. His eyes fluttered shut as his heart thumped.

“Can I hear it in the morning? I’m sure it’s amazing.” Taehyung’s deep voice whispered. Yoongi felt the warmth of his minty breath fan on his chin, the younger a little lower down than him. He hummed in response. The warmth which radiated from Taehyung’s body to his own was the kind that he usually needed a blanket, his comfiest pyjamas and his duvet on his coldest nights. Which was most nights because of how often he was cold. He felt himself inching closer to the warmth. His heart was fluttering so fast it made his pits tingle with sweat but there was no reason to be nervous. It was just cuddling and he was cold and there was nothing wrong with this. There is nothing wrong with this, so why was he nervous? 

"Hey, hyung. Can I cuddle you?" Yoongi thought his heart would lurch out of his throat. He never thought this would ever happen. The initial thought of this ever happening was so far from his expectations he didn't know how to respond. Not until he felt the hand that was stroking his face slide down his shoulder and rested on his hip.The long fingers wrapped around him, fitting like a glove. "I guess so." He mumbled. Slowly the hand slid to his back and a leg snuck in between his own. They lay so close Yoongi could smell the other's conditioner. It was the honey and vanilla bean one he had gifted Taehyung for his last birthday, knowing the younger specifically didn't like stronger fragrances. 

Taehyung laughed slightly, the deep rumbling kind which echoed in his chest and vibrated the air between the two. "I thought you had fallen asleep." And with one final motion he pulled his hyung closer to his body. Their chests flush together, hips touching hips. Taehyung's right leg in-between both of Yoongi's and his right arm on Yoongi’s back. He tucked his head under Yoongi's chin and pressed his face to the order's chest. "No, I'm very awake." Yoongi mumbled slowly, placing his arm over Taehyung's back and curling his left leg over the one between his own, getting more comfortable. They were quiet for a moment.

Outside they could hear the occasional car drive past or the chime of the clock in the corridor chime every hour. Just when Yoongi felt himself drifting off he felt the body next to him squeeze him tight. “Thank you hyung. I really appreciate all you’ve done for me. And for this. It’s nice. Good night.” The voice soothed and shook his chest, causing the flutters of his heart to erupt. He felt his cheeks heat up and subconsciously squeezed the younger back. He brought his hand up slowly to the back of Taehyung’s head and threaded his fingers through the dark silky locks. 

He ran his finger tips through the strands and slowly stroked from the nape of his neck up to the crown and back down. He felt Taehyung try to push their bodies together, if that was even possible, and shoved his left arm under Yoongi’s armpit to meet his other hand behind his hyung's back. Yoongi also felt the need for skin-ship. He craved warmth and proximity and this felt amazing. He was so comfortable and content. This was going to be either the best or the worst sleep yet, and that was all down to if they tossed and turned during the night, but right in this instant they were cosy and slightly giddy. Nothing could top how they were feeling right now. This was perfect. They wanted this moment to last and to never wake up.