29

About 2 weeks passed and the Daegu duo were completely infatuated with one another. With no other rough patches since the first, they took extra precautions to be extra careful and loving to one another. They hadn’t gone out of their way to do anything extreme and it felt honest and right. It was as if it was the missing key to their whole relationship. They even made the members and Bang Pd-nim aware of their relationship. Everyone handed out words of acceptance and surprise; everything felt oh so perfect.

Yoongi sat in the Genius Lab once again, checking through the songs for those mysterious ideas which Bang Pd-nim had curated over time. Yoongi still had no clue what it was about, even after interrogating the man himself, and even sending Namjoon to hunt for ideas. The only words which came his way, through an oddly short email, were the fact that it was nothing special and just pure experimental challenges for Bangtan and potentially some of the other groups under HYBE. That simple fact made Yoongi laugh. Not always were things half cryptic, half ludicrous but on the occasion that Bang Pd-nim did do something of the sort he just brushed it off as his boss trying to ‘change with the times’.

The beep of his passcode being punched in and the soft click of a door opening and closing pulled him out of his work. Taehyung marched in, sliders kicked to the side, knitted jumper sleeves rolled up and pressed work trousers rustling as he made a beeline for the black sofa behind Yoongi. “What’s up Tae?” Yoongi spun around in his chair, tucking his now longer black hair behind his ears. It was done for an upcoming shoot the boys were preparing for that night and he quite liked it, even if it wasn’t as long as he hoped. Maybe he would ask his stylist to actually consider letting him grow it out to his shoulders.

“Nothing. Well, actually no. Hyung I can’t focus on anything and Namjoon hyung isn’t paying any attention to me because Jungkookie is taking all of his time.” Taehyung made a soft little humph sound and pouted. It was taking everything in Yoongi to not lean forward and capture his lips in a sweet peck. “And so I gave up on doing any more work. But, well I figured I could come and hang out with you instead. Maybe keep you company?” He tilted his head to the side, eyes becoming soft yet alert; Tata mic.

“But what if I’d rather be alone. What if you distract me? Did you think about that?” Yoongi said, sitting back with a sly look on his face. Taehyung’s face dropped for a split second before he stood up and made his way to Yoongi. He straddled his lap and wrapped his arms around the older’s neck. 

“You don’t mean that. I could never be a distraction because I’m too fabulous!” He whispered in Yoongi’s ear. “Now, get back to work sir! Before I punish you.” He rested his head on the arm which he had wrapped around Yoongi’s shoulder. Yoongi just scoffed and scooted the chair closer to his desk, readjusting the arms to not squeeze Taehyung’s waist.

“And what kind of punishment would that be?” He said as he rubbed one hand down the younger’s back and began clicking away with his mouse. Yoongi peeked a glance at Taehyung to see he had his eyes closed and a small smirk on his face. When he breathed it fanned cool air onto Yoongi’s neck which tickled slightly. He felt the vibrations of Taehyung’s long and teasing hum as he pretended to ponder the question. Yoongi assumed something cute or sexy would come out and so he turned back to his desk and waited patiently.

“I’ll tell Jin hyung that you’re slacking off again and not eating either.” 

“Ya!” Yoongi bounced his thighs to jog the large cub sitting in his lap. “Rude. Anyways I won’t get distracted only if you don’t do anything distracting. Just cuddle for half an hour then we can have a break, okay?” He continued to rub the younger’s back as Taehyung giggled to himself. “Did you wanna listen to anything while I work, I might put my headphones on?” Taehyung shifted slightly on Yoongi, pushing their chests closer together but keeping his pelvis farther to create the illusion of almost lying down. It was just intense leaning but it was surprisingly comfortable for the both of them.

“Hmm, no thanks. I might nap.” Taehyung whispered. This time it was soft and sweet.

“Suit yourself.” 

Yoongi placed on his headphones and stretched out his legs before cracking on. The duo were quiet for so long, comfortable and cuddly. Nothing needed to be said and nothing needed to be done. They were content with existing together and it made them so happy. Even despite the argument that had happened weeks ago it seemed like nothing could faze them anymore. It was something which made them stronger and more adjusted to being extra vulnerable. They hadn’t gone past kissing and cuddling, with the occasional grinding in the mornings but they were happy with the pace of things. There was no need to rush things. They were never very sexual but more romantic and there just never seemed to be a time where sexual intimacy was on their minds.

Not to say that they both hadn’t thought about it before. Taehyung had pondered what his first time would be like with his hyung, his first time with anyone. His mind filled with ideas of what kind of partner Yoongi would be and before things would get too heated in his head he pictured his hyung with a little kitten tail and ears with a purple bow on his head. Totally not sexual and really cute, right? On the other hand, if Yoongi took the time to question what kind of partner Taehyung would be, he figured he was someone who liked to be spoiled but was shy despite the super mature and sexy act he had. There was just something so baby about him. And it definitely turned him on more than he would ever admit. 

Suddenly, Taehyung began to laugh. It was deep and rumbled his chest, vibrating against Yoongi’s and startling the older. Before Yoongi could even take off his headphones and ask what was so funny his stomach gurgled. Loudly. Taehyung just burst out laughing, head tipped backwards with a hand covering his mouth.

“Gosh hyung, are you actually skipping meals?”