23

There was a split second before the band had to step foot onto the stage, the sound of emitting through the walls were loud enough to seep through their in-ears (and their hearts). There were literally seconds before they would be opening for the last segment of their world tour and no one expected nor predicted what could happen next. A large hand slapped across Yoongi’s bare arm, stunning not only the rapper but the other members. The staff behind them, also stunned to silence, centred their focus on Yoongi and his now red skin.

“I told you to stop it. Just stop it already! You know I don’t like it. What is wrong with you?” Taehyung yelled, hot tears streaked down, ruining his makeup. His fist clenched by his sides as he turned to leave. Where he was going, no one knew. They literally had to be on in milliseconds and their managers were sending daggers with their eyes. Yoongi reached for his arm and yanked him back. “Taehyung, don’t you dare claim anything. I was only teasing and you know it. If you’re stressed don’t take it out on me. We have a job to do right now so suck it up and speak to me after so you can yell at me then.” As if those words were a bucket of ice water being poured down Taehyung’s back, he snapped out of it with a loud sniff. He cleared his throat, let the makeup artists dab more concealer and powder under his eyes and wrenched his arm out of the older’s grip. 

To say the other members were shocked would be an understatement. Namjoon frowned as he looked at the two with a mixture of concern and regret. He had had suspicions that something was turning sour between the two but to say they would explode right then and there was unexpected. They had been so sweet for so long it was almost like a sharp sting to all those around them. Regardless, Namjoon was impressed with how they professionally put their dispute on hold, before anyone else had to. And he was more than nervous for how the concert was going to go on, worried for how well the two could mask their sourness. Now everyone knew he was atheist but in this moment he seriously contemplated praying to whoever would listen.

At their first interval Namjoon yanked Yoongi into a secluded part of the changing rooms. “Hyung, I respect you greatly, trust me I do, but whatever the hell is going on you better sort it out tonight. Because if I find you two still like whatever this is tomorrow, then I might have to pull you both out and claim you're both sick.” Namjoon knew pulling the Leader-card would work, it usually did, but this time he would need help from the hyung of all hyungs. So Seokjin stepped in. Seokjin spoke to both members separately and gave them each such a shocking warning that they knew how their outburst affected those around them. 

At the end of the night, when Army was safely out of the stadium and the boys had safely made it back to their hotel, hell broke loose. The boys and their staff had an entire floor for the hotel they were staying in and were all anticipating a nice hot shower and their bed. Taehyung marched ahead of them all, racing for his hotel room that he was sharing with Yoongi and slid in before anyone could say another word. Seokjin walked down the corridor with Yoongi as they waved the others goodnight. “Hyung, if we end up arguing and don’t come to an agreement-” He paused when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder.

“Yoongi, I always have space for my favourite roommate, okay. But please, do me a favour, and try and fix this as best as you can. We can’t be mad at you for trying. And anyway whatever it is, I’m sure Taehyung will forgive you.” He gave a cheeky wink. Yoongi scruffed a hand over his eyes and over the face mask he was wearing. “What gives you the impression that I did something wrong?” Yoongi asked with a sigh, as the two stopped just outside their doors. The question made Seokjin laugh with whatever remaining strength he had.

“Yoongi, I know you. It could be the most minuscule thing ever but that alien boy of yours is a sensitive soul. Anyway, good night and if I don’t see you at my door in a few hours then I’ll see you in the morning. Rest well.” And with that he disappeared into his own room. Yoongi contemplated ignoring the situation in general and sleeping with his hyung instead. But that would be selfish and unfair. He had to at least try first. Taking a deep breath he stepped in. There he found Taehyung sitting cross legged in the middle of their bed with a fluffy dressing gown and teddy bear headband on. He was applying his skincare products, eyes fixated to the big TV plastered on the wall. The steamy air from the bathroom smelled like tropical fruit and flora. 

“Tae, I’m going to shower and then can we talk after?” Yoongi said, inches away from the mattress, too scared to come any closer. Taehyung looked at him for a split second, face as dead as it could be, and shrugged once before fixating back on the movie he was watching. Taking this as his cue to leave, Yoongi got ready for bed in silence. He was so secretly nervous it made him sweat. He stood in the shower, delaying the moment he would come out of the bathroom to confront the one he cared about the most. He felt a stray tear escape his eyes. Feeling frustrated at himself for almost crying, he slapped his cheeks and got out of the shower. Once he stepped foot out of the bathroom it was almost midnight. He wasn’t even sure if Taehyung would still be awake.