22

Yoongi left the room with the clipboard in his hand and silently grumbled all the way back to his room with the two youngest chatting behind his back. When two voices turned into one and he was almost at his studio he finally lifted his head. “Yoongi hyung! I was talking to you. Don’t tell me you weren’t even listening.” Taehyung whined, but there was a smile on his face. “Can I record with you? Oh what kind of song did you get? You haven’t even opened the clipboard yet?” Taehyung was so animated when speaking to his hyung, it warmed Yoongi’s heart. He had to refocus and remember to open the door and uphold his half of the conversation.

“Uh yeah come in. No, I haven't looked at it yet. I’m sceptical of this idea as a whole so I don’t know what kind of lyrics Bang Pd-nim has stirred up this time.” He slipped his shoes off and shuffled into his slippers as he made a beeline for his couch, knowing that Taehyung would lock the door for him. He stared at the black clipboard in front of him for a while before tossing it aside and reaching for his laptop which sat on the coffee table. “Actually, Tae, can you listen to this demo? It’s a remastered version of that instrumental I made for you ages ago. I’ve been working on it for ages because something about it just didn’t sit right with me and now I need to know what you think.” Yoongi tapped around on his laptop before moving towards his desk where he connected it to his speaker system and found the correct memory stick. 

Taehyung waited patiently for his hyung with a soft smile. He loved receiving songs from his hyungs because it meant that they paid extra attention to his style and preference, just a little bit more than the company usually did. This time, however, he knew the song would be extra special. “Oh yeah, and by remastered I mean that I changed it to a bossa nova kind of track so don’t be too alarmed but I figured after listening to some of the stuff you’ve been listening to and singing recently, this might be more suited for you. Plus the lyrics work better on this kind of melody.” Yoongi knew he was rambling but he didn’t care. Taehyung just thought he sounded cute for noticing these little details. He couldn’t care about the genre too much; he would treasure  anything made by Yoongi.

When the song played it filled the entire room. The beat and melody made him want to get up and start dancing immediately and the chord progression scratched a sweet spot in his soul. The lyrics were beautiful and the way his hyung’s low voice sounded in the demo made him smile. It was a sweet love song and he could feel the passion in every note. Taehyung felt an overwhelming amount of love as he made his way over to his hyung and pulled him up into a hug. Their hug slowly turned into a dance as Yoongi tried to pry himself away with a shy smile. “Yoongi hyung, you’re seriously amazing. I mean it.” 

It didn’t take long before the two recorded the song and started on their own separate work snacking on fruit and iced drinks from the cafe. They were in that room, ideas, critiques and compliments bouncing between them as they kept up this steady work pace, almost determined to get a large portion of the work completed. On their way out Yoongi checked his phone for any messages from their group chat. He noticed that only he and Taehyung were still at the company building and the others were waiting for them at home with food. Slowly the pair made their way through the building as Taehyung chatted about everything and nothing in particular. Yoongi realised that here, in moments like these, he really appreciated the younger. He felt his heart warm at Taehyung’s genuinity of wanting to hang out with his hyung.

“Today was nice.” Yoongi said as he sat back in the back seat of the company car with Taehyung. Taehyung leaned over and ruffled Yoongi’s hair. The older leaned into the touch with his eyes closed. Today was progressive and he didn't slip into any bad habits because he had someone here to keep him company. It was nice but it was also different and it felt good. Taehyung looked at his hyung with a soft smile. The car ride was quiet except for a bit of small talk every now and then, the duo feeling more content in their company than ever. Taehyung slowly leaned in to kiss Yoongi’s cheek. “Today was definitely something.” 

Sat in bed Taehyung played with Yoongi’s skinny fingers. It had taken Yoongi a while to get comfortable with someone seeing his fingers up close but Hoseok had helped him get rid of his finger biting habit and also dragged him out for a clear gel manicure. “Aww! There are little kittens on your nails. And they’re glittery too!” Taehyung exclaimed as he closely inspected the shiny nails. Yoongi grumbled as he read an article from his phone. “How on earth did Hobi hyung convince you to get it done? And why didn’t you invite me?” He whined, poking Yoongi’s ribcage.

“For the same reason that you don’t invite me to your spa nights with Jimin-shi. Soulmates have their soulmate things I guess. I thought you’d know that by now Tae.” Yoongi said with a smirk as he put his phone down to lean in and give the younger a small peck. “Plus Hoba promised to pay for my next most expensive meal of the month so he could get matching nails with me.” Yoongi grumbled as he examined his own nails. Taehyung interlaced their fingers making Yoongi look up to meet his eyes. “Hi.” Taehyung whispered.

“Hi.” Yoongi whispered back before they shared one more sweet peck and tucked into bed, content and filled with happiness.
.
.
.

[A/N: This chapter is the last before the storm hits, so I'll be taking a short break before I upload another chapter. Thank you for reading so far!!]