17

Taehyung brought a hand to his face, trying to hide. The realisation of what he did finally hit hard. He smiled to himself as he made his way to the dance studio floor where an irritated Jimin and Hoseok stood waiting for him. He put his bag down and went to warm up. “Sorry, I was with Yoongi hyung and we got caught up in stuff.” He began stretching to avoid looking at the two. Jimin rolled his eyes at the younger’s lame excuse while Hoseok smirked. I’m sure you were caught up in something alright, Hoseok thought to himself. They decided they weren’t going to pester Taehyung about it. At least not right now.

The three members spent the remainder of their time working on choreo and their divided section of the song. They went over sections that had a slower tempo yet more complicated moves. Hoseok had to applaud them. Especially Taehyung, who usually didn’t catch onto complicated choreo as quickly as 3J. He praised both boys before dismissing them and calling Namjoon and Seokjin to double check that they had at least an hour spare to run over anything they had doubts on. In the meantime Taehyung was getting ready to go home. Jimin was going to stay back to help Hoseok but wanted to talk to his best friend. There was something on his mind.

“So, Tae, what exactly is going on with you and Yoongi hyung? More specifically, what took you so long earlier?” Jimin walked with him through the building towards a water filter where they stopped to get refills. Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck with a shy look. “Well, I told hyung that I like him.” Mid drink Jimin choked. The taller slapped his back with full force shoving him across the corridor. Jimin heard him laugh instead of offering concerns; he rolled his eyes again. “I’m fine, thanks for asking. Anyway, what did he say? Please, don’t hold me back from this valuable information.” The two walked to the nearest elevator together.

“Yoongi hyung took it well. I mean he wouldn’t kiss me just yet, but that’s because he said he wasn’t ready yet and also he told me he likes me too. Do you know what this means Jimin?” He ignored Jimin’s mumbled ‘I told you so.’ and continued, “It means we can hopefully become something. And I can make sense of this feeling I’ve been having in my chest for ages.” He smiled, feeling content for a while. Jimin looked at his little alien with a smile. He was happy for him. Even though he did tell him already, he was happy that things were going smoothly. “I’m happy for you Tae, really. Just if hyung does anything to upset you, let me know and I’ll give him a piece of my mind.” Jimin said, patting the younger’s shoulder. 

Taehyung thanked Jimin and then said his goodbyes before entering the empty elevator. He was going to see his hyung one last time before heading out. He was hoping to drag Yoongi home too, in the mood for some cuddling and perhaps a movie. He didn’t have anything planned for at least 4 more hours and he needed something to do. And, he decided spending just a little more time with his hyung couldn’t hurt. It’s just that when he got to the Genius Lab, he was met with a surprise that slightly dampened his good mood.

Yoongi had to sit down. All the emotions came crashing on him like a weight on his shoulders. The gummiest smile was glued to his face, when he thought about all that had happened to him and Taehyung in the past weeks. He felt like his wish had come true quite quickly, which was a little suspicious if you asked him, but he wasn’t going to complain. He began thinking of the future, what that would hold for someone like him and what kind of relationship he could see himself in. This was a little hard. He had always hoped for a relationship or at least someone to have an inkling of a crush on, but the moment that dream became reality he didn’t know what to do nor what he wanted. What was the next step?

Taking a deep breath, Yoongi tried to clear his mind. Now was not the time for this. He opened the file from earlier and began to get to work. It was a project with a list of prompts. He scanned over the 5 different ideas and instantly felt a connection with the last one. One’s first love; platonic or romantic, the feeling of youth. Now he wouldn’t go as far as to say he could find an anecdote to correlate, but this was definitely something he could write about. His hands quickly typed away on his phone searching for his list of lyrics that he had typed down at random intervals during the week. He scrubbed a hand through his bleached hair with a frustrated sigh. None of the lines sounded right. They weren't refreshing enough. 

He put on some calming music and took out his notepad and pen. He uncapped the pen and began scribbling whatever came to mind. Concepts of the narrative, the characters of  this story and the general message he wanted to convey. All things he took into consideration when writing. He sat back scrolling through his phone trying to find some sort of lyric he might have written before. Then suddenly he got a message in the groupchat from Namjoon of one of the concept photos from their group shoot. He zoomed in on the image and smiled. Taehyung looked so handsome. He had a cream blouse which revealed his chest and a pair of brown suspenders with green details. He looked so attractive with his high waisted dark trousers and pearl accessories. 

Yoongi wished he had focused on these things in more detail before. He closed his eyes and thought back to the day of the photo shoot.