25

Seokjin had jolted awake from the position he was in. Phone in hand, dark mode on Twitter  aimlessly resulted in him falling asleep on himself while he waited should Yoongi turn up. And, well, here he was. Drowning in his dressing gown and on the verge of tears. Seokjin felt his heart drop as soon as he pulled the younger member inside, hearing him burst into tears. Yoongi was very emotional, and always tried to keep it hidden, but with Seokjin he was the most vulnerable. He had only seen Yoongi cry this hard a handful of times throughout the years, and to be honest it was a great privilege and honour but it never got any easier. Ever.

“O-oh hyung, h-he said I made him insecure. Insecure! H-hyung, what have I d-done?” Yoongi stuttered as he squeezed Seokjin’s torso tightly. Seokjin felt saddened at the words which escaped Yoongi’s mouth in a panicked hiccuping state. There was definitely snot and saliva coating His pyjamas but that was the least of his worries. He gently rocked Yoongi side by side and brushed his hair back, a whispered shh escaping his lips. “H-he said he w-wanted space because he h-hates the way tease him! I said I was s-sorry so m-many times hyung. I d-don’t know what t-to do.” 

“Yoongi, calm down for me, take some deep breaths. Please, sit down. Look, shh, yeah that’s it, in and out. Okay, slowly tell me what happened.” Seokjin sat them down on his bed as he rubbed his thigh, giving him space at the same time. Seokjin hated when two of the members argued but this felt slightly different because there was another kind of love in the mix. Storge and philia were the glue that held the members together, the love growing since the beginning, but between Taehyung and Yoongi, Seokjin had noticed a blossom of pragma and eros. They may not have been aware but their hyung was. Specifically he had seen the way Yoongi looked at Taehyung. 

“W-well, I told him that I was sorry I upset him and asked what specifically I did wrong. And he said that he always tells me he doesn’t like my teasing. B-but I'm not the only one who teases him am I? When Jimin or Hobi do it he never complains. But every time it’s me he gets all funny.. But hyung, it must have been bothering him for ages because why is it only now he says something. What did I do hyung? And now, now he doesn’t want to see me anymore.” He started wobbly and crashed at the end, hands covering his blubbering mess of sobs. Seokjin let him have his moment and waited patiently to see if there was any more to be said. All the while he was calculating in his head.

Now, he could see it as clear as day, simply through their argument, that Taehyung truly cared for anything Yoongi said to him. And that was so evident Seokjin was dumbfounded how oblivious Yoongi was to it. “Listen Yoongi-chi, love, he reacts like this because he cares. He cares so much for you it’s painful. And, it’s very very clear how much you care for him too. I mean, there isn’t a lot which will get you to break down into tears and that just shows what kind of person you are.” Yoongi peered up at this, an innocent yet sceptical gleam in his eyes; totally expecting a joke of some kind.

“You have a heart of gold. And you need to understand that this moment of space between you and Taehyung, while painful, and awfully timed, may just be necessary for you both to reflect on each other's intentions from things you’ve both said and done. He can look back and see your light hearted intentions and sweet affection and you can see how much he cherishes your every word. And I won’t ignore that you didn’t take it too far sometimes and that he can be sensitive, but that’s just who you two are and that’s what you two will have to discuss when the time comes.” Seokjin watched Yoongi blink slowly. Eyes the size of saucepans, retaining every word with true force. His cheeks were pink and his eyelids puffy, but he still looked soft and sweet. 

Seokjin thought Yoongi was a beautiful person. He was his younger brother, eternal roommate, and one of his best friends. He’d always protect him. Always. And so Seokjin allowed Yoongi to stay with him tucked tightly to his chest, curled up like a little kitten. With the promise that he would give Taehyung space and be civil until told otherwise, Seokjin rested assured that Yoongi wouldn’t stay up worrying himself over nothing. He was grateful for the moment of silence in the room. He was grateful for how quickly Yoongi knocked out. But overall he was grateful to know that if any of the members were going through rough moments he could be there for them. 

Once the morning arrived the chaos began. All the members freshened up at 7 o’clock and headed down for breakfast to discuss the day’s schedule. The secluded section of the breakfast room within the hotel was so quiet despite the staff moving around and doing most of the talking. They prepped the boys and mic-ed them up to prepare for filming, behind the scenes for ARMY which at this moment wasn’t anticipated but dreaded by most. Specifically because of the tension and the disingenuous acting they would have to provide in order to seem 'okay' for their fans. It was tedious but it was a necessity. Nothing they hadn’t done before.

Seokjin spent time with Yoongi and observed his behaviour. Their manager had wanted to know how the duo were doing and while it wasn’t his story to tell, as the oldest member he was still eligible to provide a reasonable answer. Seokjin did notice the slight behaviour changes but they were still civil around each other. Stiff but still communicating well. He had his hopes set high.

A/N: UPDATES for WOYM will officially be on Tuesdays (starting DEC 27th) until further notice. I will try really hard to get chapters out that are good quality but I ask for some patience because I am working currently and I don't want to burn out due to mental health issues. HOWEVER!!! I am so very grateful for ALL the support for this story! Hope you all continue to enjoy :) <33