07

It was quarter past seven when they woke up. Taehyung groaned. Overnight he had somehow ended up sprawled over his hyung with an arm hanging off the bed and his face inches away from the other. Yoongi was spread out in a star shape and frowned at the brightness of the room and the sudden weight on his chest. He patted Taehyung’s back and huffed. “Why are you groaning? You’re squishing me!” His morning voice was deep and gruff, his Daegu dialect seeping out. Taehyung made no move to sit up or get off so Yoongi pushed him and slowly sat up scruffing his hair. It was very hot in the room and he felt sticky with sweat. His shirt was stuck to his back and he was sure the back of his head was stuck in one position. Taehyung looked similar, although his hair was in multiple directions and his cheeks were slightly pink.

Taehyung reached to pull the duvet off them and stood to open the window. “Weren’t you wearing trousers before?” Yoongi asked, startling him. He whipped around and then looked down to see he was just wearing his boxers. What did happen to his trousers? Taehyung shrugged and then dug his arm down the duvet towards the end of the bed where he retrieved the bundle of cotton. He had clearly gotten hot during the night. He slipped them back on wordlessly, stared at Yoongi who was daydreaming and sighed. He didn’t want to leave the room. He didn’t want to move on so quickly and pretend that everything didn’t happen. It wasn’t like a significant amount did occur, but to him he felt overjoyed and thrilled. Like achieving something that he always wanted. But the thing was he hadn’t ever really noticed that this was something he wanted.

And was it even something Yoongi wanted? The older hadn’t ever objected to the cuddling, this had happened twice now, and he even engaged in it too! But what if Yoongi was just being nice to Taehyung because he was sad and once he was happier would they stop? He didn’t want to think of the possibility. Unconsciously, Taehyung sighed, again, consequently pulling Yoongi out of his daydream. “Hey, Tae, what's on your mind?” The younger blinked. He noticed how Yoongi now sat cross legged in the middle of the bed, his shirt hanging off one shoulder and his hair askew. He looked cute. Like a fluffy kitten. Aww, so cute! But this kitten was staring at him now. His heart jumped as he raced to think of an answer.

“The song. I wanna hear it now." Taehyung said as he sat on the edge of the bed. Yoongi reached to unplug his phone and began tapping away. The room was quiet as Taehyung closed his eyes in anticipation. The second he heard the first notes his eyes opened, connecting with see his hyung's. The instrumental was beautiful; the main instrument was a saxophone which soothed his soul. The melody was one of a jazz song and reminded him of old jazz clubs and really fit his aesthetic. He was overjoyed; it was perfect! But as soon as he thought the song ended a crescendo began and he looked at the phone, a wide boxy grin on his face. Taehyung thought his cheeks would tear.

Taehyung’s heart fluttered in his chest as he processed the song. When it came to an end he closed his eyes again. The song wasn’t finished but it was perfect. He could already imagine what lyrics he would write. Ideas sparked in his head, making him giddy. “It’s amazing hyung. Thank you, so much!” He looked back up to see Yoongi already staring at him with a small, pleased smile and he flung his arms around his neck. Yoongi oofed and wrapped his arms around the younger’s back pulling him closer. “You sure it’s that good?” He asked sarcastically. He tried to pull away but Taehyung clung on tight. When Taehyung nodded, Yoongi let out a small laugh.

Interrupting the small moment, Namjoon knocked on the door before entering. “Hey guys, we have an hour before we have to leave so get ready. And be quick because you are the first I’ve told and Jinnie hyung is in a bad mood.” Before he could move out of the doorway Seokjin came stumbling past. “I am not in a bad mood. Boys get up! We have places to be!” He yelled rushing through the corridor. Namjoon sighed and left both of the boys to get ready. They stared at the door in silence, fully processing everything that happened this morning. It certainly was a bigger interaction than Yoongi usually could manage before he sent the person out of his room. He didn’t usually like talking too much right after waking up and he often spent early mornings alone.

But he couldn’t find it in him to complain. He was having a decent time. He wouldn’t describe it as amazing, because let’s be real, he did miss waking up alone. This was the second time he had Taehyung in his bed and it wasn’t something he was getting used to very quickly. However, it wasn’t the worst thing ever. He watched as Taehyung left the room before he made his bed. He slipped on a navy jumper and khaki jeans, ruffled his hair and went to brush his teeth where Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung stood bickering about using the mirror for selfies as they swung around toothbrushes and spoke with mouths full of toothpaste.

Yoongi reached for his things and headed to Hoseok, Namjoon and Seokjin’s shared bathroom to avoid the chaos. “Hogging the mirror?” Seokjin asked as he leaned on the bathroom door frame. When Yoongi hummed mid brush, Seokjin laughed. “Again? They need to learn there is no point fighting. It’s obvious I’m the most handsome in this household.” And with that he disappeared. Yoongi rolled his eyes with a smile.