05

Yoongi sat at the dining table holding his head. His headache was coming in fully now and he remembered he needed to drink water. He couldn’t remember the last time he had drank anything other than some rum that he had stashed away in his genius lab, 2 days ago. “Hyung, here.” He looked up to see Hoseok slide some Tylenol and a tall glass of water across the table. “While I know you have a headache, there is something else on your mind.” The sweet and savoury aroma of the egg fried rice dish Hoseok had just finished wafted through the dorm adding to the warm summer day. 

Two of the maknae line and their leader stood around the kitchen plating up, making jokes with one another. Yoongi looked up at Hoseok and sighed. He didn’t like being vulnerable around his team members, especially his soulmate, but maybe he was holding these thoughts in for too long. “I’m worried about Tae. He has been so down about the argument and so clingy. But, like, more clingy than usual. And, well this morning he was petting my head and I didn’t dislike it.” his voice decreased in volume as he spoke. Hoseok slid into the seat next to him. “I felt so safe and relaxed, you know. And it was different than anyone else’s touch. And I think it spooked me a little.” 

Hoseok simply just smiled. “It’s okay hyung. Take your time and don’t stress about this. Maybe you should let him be and figure things out with each other. And if you don’t like what happens then tell him.” Yoongi hummed and nodded his head. And with that Hoseok stood with two plates and left to get them food. Yoongi downed the rest of the water and sat back in his seat. Slowly the others came to join and he stayed staring off into space, miles deep in his thoughts. 

When Seokjin and Taehyung came into the room Yoongi perked up. They weren’t ignoring each other and the atmosphere didn’t become any duller than before, so he was relieved. He had sent Seokjin to find the younger in hopes of the situation being sorted out and now that was done all that meant was that they had to deal with Jimin. Speaking of Jimin, he sat opposite Yoongi and with Jungkook and Namjoon by his sides deep in conversation about something Yoongi didn’t recognise. He watched as Jimin briefly looked up to see Taehyung enter and then turned slightly away from the younger. Yoongi noticed his content grin had turned sad as he tried to distract himself. 

Hoseok came back with the two plates filled and sat down. He too had noticed Jimin’s off behaviour but decided to ignore it. He wanted the boys to get on but ultimately it was up to them to fix it on their own; he had learnt his lesson ages ago. Everyone finally sat at the table, Seokjin at the head, Taehyung next to Yoongi, and began tucking into their food. They were quiet throughout the meal but that was okay with Yoongi as it relieved his headache. 

When they all finally finished, Yoongi had figured out how to get the 95’s to start talking to one another. “It’s the 95’s turn to wash the dishes.” He got up and left, patting Taehyung on the back. Hoseok swiftly stood too, tucked in his chair and left. And before anyone else could say anything Seokjin, Namjoon and Jungkook stood and left. Taehyung picked up the plates and cutlery with a sigh. The set-up was so obvious and spontaneous that it surprised everyone but no one doubted Yoongi would be the one to initiate it. Jimin stayed seated for a while.

“Tae, I’m sorry.” He fiddled with his fingers, feeling the guilt bubble in his stomach. “I’m so sorry for everything I said. I never wanted to hurt you at all and I never expected our conversation to end up like that. I don’t even know why I got all defensive about the situation. I just wasn’t thinking about how you would feel and I was being too hot headed. I’m sorry.” He choked on his words, slowly turned to look at the younger, tears in his eyes. Taehyung frowned. He felt the sincerity from Jimin’s words. 

“Thank you Jiminie. But like I told Jin hyung I was also in the wrong. I didn’t talk to you very nicely and I’m sorry for that..Also I feel I need to tell you that I’m undecided on how I feel now. I was thinking of what you both said and maybe I do like him. I.. I'm just not sure." Taehyung sat down next to Jimin with rubber gloves on. He felt conflicted about his sudden emotions.

"Hmm, how long have you felt like this? Did anything happen, or was it just what we said?" Jimin turned in his seat to face Taehyung, slinging an arm around the back of the chair. Taehyung contemplated telling Jimin what had happened last night and that morning; what if he was just over reacting? Did it actually mean anything?

"Well I slept with him last night, and then this morning I um, I petted his hair." He brought a hand to his face trying to hide but instantly put it back down seeing bright pink rubber. "It felt very natural and he smells really nice all the time. It was just really comfy. Hmm, maybe it's nothing after all." 

"Well, I think it's sweet. But maybe it might just be nothing for now. Try sticking around him for a bit and see if anything happens, see if you feel anything new. But that is, you know, if you wanna." Jimin smiled and placed a hand on Taehyung's thigh. They were quiet for a bit before they decided to start on the dishes. "I'm glad we had this talk, Tae. And I'm sorry for how I treated you." Jimin spoke as they began packing the leftovers in containers. 

Taehyung felt happy too. And like Seokjin, while he would forgive the other, he was still upset and it would take a while for him to forgive.