21

Just because they were the new-found couple’s best friends doesn’t mean they have to drop hints or essentially out them. It wasn’t their story to tell. Jimin got the hint and redirected the conversation to the show they were watching. Just then Taehyung came in to let them know food was ready. He looked fluffy and soft like a teddy bear. He was wearing a brown oversized crewneck that showed off his collar bones and grey cotton trousers. He came waddling in and waddled right back out once he patted each member on the head and went to sit by his Yoongi hyung. Seokjin and Namjoon were helping themselves to the various foods which lay on the table. 

As they ate, the members chatted about their busy schedule and the following days of the similar routine. They were going to miss those slower days in which they would have the morning or afternoon off and it was going to suck, but they were fully prepared for the push. One of their managers came soon after they finished and handed them updated sheets of their schedules, finding that if they printed the workload out the members could actually follow it more easily, than it being a simple notification on their devices. The group were mostly together for the first four hours of the day and then they had to divide. Yoongi stole a glance at Taehyung’s copy.

After 13:00 they would both be in the studios for a couple hours. He would use this as an opportunity to steal him away. And maybe he could finally show the demo of that song to him and get his opinion on it. Or perhaps even get him to record it. Any moment with him would be precious. Yoongi finally felt comfortable enough with the idea of having a small crush on the younger. It was cute and he felt happy but he still was anxious whether this was all going to last. He still wasn’t too sure what Taehyung saw in him but he was happy with whatever it was they were doing.

When all the boys dispersed, Yoongi grabbed Taehyung’s arms and led him out the building ahead of the rest. In the van Yoongi sat in the driver seat with Taehyung in shotgun as they waited for the others to arrive. “I’m going to steal you after one, okay.” Yoongi said, carding his hands through Taehyung’s long hair. It was almost at his shoulders now and was in desperate need of a trim, but Yoongi loved it. It was silky and so fun to play with. It was also very distracting because both boys didn’t even notice when the others filled the car and were staring; not until Namjoon cleared his throat and they separated as if they had been burnt. 

The ride started off quietly until Jimin demanded he be in charge of the aux cord and the energy arose with the noise. All seven members brought the same lively energy with them into the building as they signed in and made their way to the main waiting room for their managers to arrive. The one who had met them in their dorm turned up first with a bag full of assorted drinks and bowls of pre-cut fruit for them to snack on. They were quickly changed and prepped to start some filmed content and before long it was lunch time where they split off to find their own food. The maknae line left to get pizza while the hyung line stayed to eat from the company's cafeteria. 

“So Yoon, you and Tae, huh?” Hoseok said as he dragged the elder to the table that Namjoon and Seokjin were already seated. "He's been clinging to you more than usual, and this time you haven't been pushing him away, so we can only assume something is going on." Hoseok said, staring intently at his best friend. Yoongi took his time to answer. He felt his friends staring at him but he slowly proceeded to take a bite of his food. He hadn’t planned what he and Taehyung would tell the others, so until they came to an agreement, he wouldn’t lead them on too much. He could have his fun teasing Hoseok and feel relief in letting his best friends know a little bit of his newfound romance. 

“Nothing out of the ordinary is going on, but you could say we are getting closer. He doesn’t just come to me when he’s upset, which is nice, and we have been spending some time together after work. That’s all.” Yoongi said. Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok looked at one another before looking back to Yoongi. Yoongi continued to eat and paid no mind to their teasing and pleads for more information. Biting back a smile Yoongi let his friends try and piece together theories of how their relationship became more. This was definitely something to tell Taehyung about once he got back to the studio. 

When the hyung line finished their food, and teasing (for now), they said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Namjoon and Hoseok went shopping and Seokjin went home as Yoongi made his way back upstairs to his studio. He spent his remaining 20 minutes on the song, perfecting and testing out the lyrics as best as his voice would allow him. It was a song completely fit for Taehyung and he was excited for the younger to see the lyrics and hear the track. Before long he received a text from Taehyung letting him know that he was needed in the recording studio. 

Here his manager gave him, Taehyung and Jungkook a demo each to try out the kinks and curves. Each individual songs that supposedly suited them and was made as a template for any future song. Something Bang Pd-nim had thought about to ease any stress on the team. Yoongi thought it was a little pointless, especially if he could look at each member, ask them a few simple questions and know exactly what kind of song they wanted to sing. Also, it would be super weird if Bang Pd-nim all of a sudden started writing all of their music again. Especially without a briefing. This whole situation was a little odd