Chapter 16

Chapter 16

After two weeks at home, Gabe and Abby had settled into a comfortable routine. Abby would spend the mornings either designing or speaking to Fiona and Lucy on the phone, about anything that needed to be sorted out for the business. Gabe would disappear into his studio with Pod and work on the soundtrack to the movie he had received. They would eat lunch together and then Gabe would insist that Abby took a couple of hours to rest in their bedroom. The fact that he nearly always joined her meant she didn't necessarily rest, but she did feel relaxed by the time they went back to work.

Abby was lying with her head on Gabes chest after one of their 'naps' feeling languid. One of Gabes' hands was drawing lazy circles on her shoulder.

Abby lifted her head to look at Gabe. "Oh did I tell you I have to go up to London on Friday?"

"What for?"

"It's time for my first checkup and scan. The Doc wants me to go up there for the time being, but he said he'll arrange for a local hospital to take over the ante natal care when he's happy that everything is ok."

Gabes hand stopped circling her shoulder and he frowned at her.

"Is there any reason I should be worried?"

"Of course not, I feel fine and as far as I know the baby is fine. The scan will confirm that and we get to see our baby for the first time." She used her fingers to smooth out the worry lines on his brow, then pushed herself up and started getting dressed.

"So what time do we need to be there on Friday?" Gabe asked as he lay back watching her.

"The appointments at 11am, I thought I could spend the afternoon looking for fabrics. I know I can do it online but I prefer to feel what I'm buying."

Gabe stretched and then got up and pulled his jeans on, he left them unbuttoned as he walked towards the bathroom. Abby couldn't help grinning at the sight of his jeans hanging off his hips as he walked away. They just accentuated his muscular back that tapered down to his small waist. Was it any wonder she had a hard time keeping her hands off him? She thought as she pulled a t-shirt over her head.

"How about we make a weekend of it and stay at my apartment?" Gabe called from the bathroom.

"That's a great idea. It will give me more time to speak to suppliers up there."

"You know what else we need to do?" Abby jumped as Gabes hands slid round her waist. She had been busy trying to find her trainers under the bed and didn't hear him approach her.

"I think we've done enough of that for one afternoon don't you?" She twisted round in his arms and gave him a quick kiss.

"What a dirty mind you have. I'm shocked." Gabe scolded.

"Ok smartarse, but you can't deny you were thinking it."

"It's your fault for being so damn sexy." He grinned as he held her tight.

"But what I was thinking about was setting a date for the wedding." Gabe didn't miss how Abbys body tensed as he mentioned the wedding.

"You do want to marry me?"

Abby pulled back a little so that she could look at Gabe.

"Of course I do, but the thought of a big celebrity wedding scares the shit out of me."

"Why on earth would you think that I'd want something like that?"

"Well you're this huge rock god and people will expect you to have a huge wedding, with a star studded guest list and our pictures spread over the pages of Hello magazine." Abby stated as if it was obvious.