Chapter 26

Drum roll please......... here it is, the wedding. Sorry it took so long but I wanted to get it right.

If you want to see pictures of my inspiration for the wedding dress etc. Take a look at my Pinterest account. https://uk.pinterest.com/emmielouk/gabe-abby/

Chapter 26

Abby was surprised to wake up and not be wrapped in Gabes' arms. Her sleepy eyes scanned the bedroom, but he wasn't there and she couldn't hear any noise in the bathroom either. Then it hit her. It was Christmas Eve, her wedding day. Gabe had reluctantly left her side in the early hours of the morning, because she wanted to keep with the tradition of not seeing each other before the ceremony.

"That was not one of my better ideas." She sighed.

Scrubbing her hands over her face, she blew out a breath and then headed for the shower.

When she walked back into the bedroom, wrapped in a towel. Helen was sat on her bed picking at a breakfast tray loaded with orange juice, toast and an assortment of jams.

"Ready for the big day?"

"As I'll ever be, but how Gabe and I are going too avoid each other this morning beats me."

"Don't worry, he's in the studio with the rest of the guys, with strict instructions not to come out until I say so."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea, once he gets in there he loses all sense of time."

"It's all under control, stop worrying. Now come and have some breakfast."

Abby looked at the tray and held her stomach as her face paled.

Helen stood up and rushed to her side. "Hey don't tell me you have finally succumbed to morning sickness."

"I think it's just nerves, I'm not sure if I can eat anything."

"Just try a piece of toast and some juice, then take your medication. You'll be fine." Helen walked her over to the bed and sat down beside her.

Abby nibbled on a piece of toast, then took her pills, washing them down with the juice. After a few minutes her colour started to return.

"Anyway, what do you have to be nervous about? Not getting cold feet?" Helen searched her face, trying to work out how Abby was really feeling.

"Of course not, it's just......" Helen waited for her to continue, giving her space to put her thoughts in order.

"This has been a hell of a year, my life has been turned upside down. I've gone from lying in a hospital bed thinking there was no hope of a future. To sitting here on the morning of my wedding to one of the hottest guys on the planet and pregnant with his baby. You couldn't make this stuff up."

"It's certainly been a hell of a ride, but you deserve it and I'm proud to be a part of it." Helen wrapped her arms around Abby and gave her a hug.

"I wouldn't have made it this far without you by my side." Abby hugged her back as her eyes filled with tears.

Helen pulled away slightly and frowned. "Hey no tears on your wedding day, that's my prerogative."

Abby wiped her eyes a laughed at the sight of Helen pouting.

"So what do you have planned for me this morning? I feel a bit guilty leaving all the wedding stuff to you and Mary."

"You just wow us with your wedding dress, I know it's going to be spectacular if the bridesmaids dresses are anything to go by. And what's the point of having a houseful of women if we can't indulge ourselves in girly stuff."