Chapter 15

Another chapter for you all. Now that my son has moved out, I should be able to concentrate on my writing. I will try to update more often as the story has a long way to go yet.

Thanks for all your comments and votes.

Chapter 15

Any ideas the couples may have had about getting down and dirty, were squashed when they arrived home. Mary greeted them at the door with warm hugs for everyone and gushing about the engagement. 

"It's about time my boy." She berated Gabe as she grabbed Abby's hand. 

"Let me see the ring then, I want to make sure he didn't skimp on something so special." 

Abby laughed while Gabe frowned at Mary. 

"Are you trying to make me out to be a cheapskate?" 

"Not at all, but what do men know about jewelry." Mary huffed and slapped Gabe on the arm. 

Pod and Helen were trying to stifle laughs at Mary's words until she started on them. 

"I don't know what you think is so funny, I'll be doing the same to you Podraig soon enough." 

Pod's chuckles turned into choking sounds at that comment, while Helen just stood there wide eyed. 

Gabe turned round and punched Pod on the arm. 

"Not so funny now is it mate?" 

"That's enough you two, get inside and freshen up I have cooked a full roast dinner for you all in celebration." Mary chided. 

"With Yorkshire puddings and stuffing?" Pod asked as his eyes lit up. 

"Of course and I baked a cake for dessert." 

Pod leapt forward and picked Mary up making her squeal. 

"Mary you are one fine woman" 

"Put me down you oaf, at this rate you'll be lucky if anyone will have you." Mary clipped Pod round the ear which made him put her down. 

"Now go on shoo the lot of you so that I can serve dinner." 

They all laughed as she batted them into the house.

Pod beat them all to the dining table and was piling his plate up with food despite Marys' protests to wait for everyone. 

Gabe, Abby and Helen burst out laughing when Mary smacked Pods knuckles with a wooden spoon. 

Pod howled in pain and sulked for all of two seconds before he started stuffing his face. 

"Anyone would think they didn't feed you properly on tour." Mary sighed. 

"Oh come on Mary you know how much I love your cooking, I've just missed it that's all." Pod replied between mouthfuls. 

Deciding he was a lost cause, Mary turned her attention to Abby. 

"So how are you feeling, I hope Gabe has been taking care of you?" 

"I feel really good Mary. No morning sickness and I think I can almost compete with Pod as far as eating goes." She grinned at Mary. 

"That's so good to hear, I must say you look the picture of health. Just don't go over doing it, Helen has told me all about your plans for the business." 

"Don't worry Mary, we will make sure that all Abby has to worry about is the designs. There is no way we would let her health suffer after coming so far." Helen replied.