Chapter 13

I know you are all ready to skin me alive because it has taken so long for me to update this story. I am so, so sorry, but here it is at last.

A big thank you to Samantha who made the cover for me. I love all my fans and hope to get the updates back on track now. :)

Chapter 13

The next morning they drove to the head office of CRM Records. Gabe noticed how quiet Abby was as she stared out the window, realising she was nervous about the meeting he leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

Abby jumped slightly as his kiss brought her out of her thoughts. 

"What was that for?" 

"Do I need a reason to kiss my fiancée?" Gabe took hold of her left hand as he spoke and kissed her fingers. 

"Well no, of course not." 

"There you go then." Gabe gave her a broad smile and he could feel her body relax against him. 

When their car pulled up outside a glass fronted building, he felt her stiffen a little again. 

"Hey there's no need to be nervous, you've already met Cameron and Alice." He took hold of her hand as they walked into the building. 

"I know I have, but I'm not sure what Alice is expecting of me." 

Gabe squeezed her hand. "You don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with." 

Abby looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you." 

"What for?" 

"Just being you I suppose." 

Gabe gave her a quizzical look before he answered. "Ok."

They took the lift up to Cameron's office and were greeted by his personal assistant. Abby guessed she must be around 50 but looked good for her age. Dressed in a sleek suit, with her silver hair pulled back into a bun. She would have made Abby feel uncomfortable if it wasn't for her wide smile as she greeted Gabe. 

"You can go straight in Gabe, he's ready for you." 

"Thanks Miranda, how are the grandkids?"  

"Running me ragged as usual, but I wouldn't have it any other way." She replied with a chuckle. 

"So aren't you forgetting something?" She raised an eyebrow at Gabe then looked at Abby. 

"Oh hell I'm sorry, this is Abby my fiancée." Abby noticed his cheeks flush slightly and found his embarrassment amusing. 

To Abby's surprise Miranda walked over and gave her a hug. 

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Gabe never stops talking about you." 

"Thank you, all good I hope." Abby smiled at her. 

"Of course it is." Miranda pulled back and held Abby's hand taking a look at the ring. 

"So you finally popped the question, I knew it was only a matter of time." For the second time is as many minutes she managed to make Gabe blush. 

Abby tried to stifle a laugh behind her hand which drew a confused look from Gabe. She just shook her head and grinned at him. 

"Well I had better let you two go in before Cameron has my head. It's so nice to meet you Abby, make sure you keep this young man in line." She patted Abby's hand then made her way back to her desk. 

Gabe held his hand over his heart looking shocked. "Miranda, since when do I need to be kept in line. I've always been a saint." He gave her a look of mock horror.