Chapter 17

Well it looks like my mojo is back in full force. Here's a nice long chapter for you all :)

Chapter 17

"Mary!! Mary, where the fek are you hiding?"

 Gabe and Abby were in their room packing for their weekend in London, when they heard Pod bellowing downstairs.

"What the hell is up with him?" Gabe threw a pair of jeans into a suitcase and headed for the door.

"I have no idea but it sounds serious." Abby replied, as she followed him.

When they got downstairs they found Pod storming towards the kitchen.

"You won't find her there mate, she left for her sisters an hour ago."

Gabes words halted Pod in his tracks.

Running a hand through his already messy hair, he swore under his breath.

Helen appeared from the lounge looking annoyed.

Abby looked between Pod and her friend trying to work out what was going on.

"Well isn't this a fine mess she's dumped on me, no wonder she ran before I found out. I need a drink." Pod strode towards the lounge, closely followed by Gabe, Abby and Helen.

Abby gave Helen a questioning look, but Helen just rolled her eyes and mouthed 'ask him'.

Gabe caught up with Pod as he was pouring a large measure of Wild Turkey into a glass.

"You going to tell me what's happened? I'm afraid my mind reading powers are a bit off today."

Pod glared at Gabe then downed his drink, he was about to pour another when Gabe grabbed the bottle from him.

"What the fuck Gabe?"

"Tell me what's happened. Then you get the bottle back."

Pod slammed the glass down on a table then rubbed his hands over his face. When he removed his hands and looked up, Gabe could swear he saw fear in his eyes.

"Come on mate, spill. Whatever it is, you know we will help if we can."

Helen made a weird snorting sound behind him. Abby looked at her friend and was even more confused to see she was trying to stifle a giggle, by stuffing her knuckles in her mouth.

Pod narrowed his eyes and glared at Helen.

"So you think this is funny do you, well you're coming with me." He folded his arms and gave Helen a smug smile.

Helens giggles stopped and she had a look of horror on her face.

"Oh no. No way." She blurted.

Before they could get into an all out argument Gabe raised his hands.

"Enough!" He shouted, making Abby jump.

"Will somebody please tell me what's going on? Abby and I would like to leave soon, so I would appreciate an answer."

"I'll tell you what's happened. Mary has been meddling again." Pod growled out.

"She's only been on the phone to our Ma."

 "Ah." Was all Gabe said.

"Ah indeed." Pod replied.

Abby looked between Pod and Gabe. "I have no idea what you two are talking about."