Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Abby was busy in her studio when the intercom buzzed.

"Abby, you there?"

"Yes Mary, what's up?"

"There's a delivery here for you and it has to be signed for."

Abby grinned when she realised what the package was.

"I'll be right down."

She dashed down the stairs and across the yard to the main house, skidding to a halt in front of the delivery guy.

"Abby Harrison?"

"Yes that's me."

"Sign here please."

Abby signed the electronic device and took the package from him. Once she'd seen him out she turned and rushed towards Gabes' studio, pulling at the sealed package as she went.

Forcing herself not to burst into the studio, she took a few deep breaths and opened the door slowly. Pod was sat at the mixing desk, headphones on, engrossed in what he was doing and at first, she couldn't see Gabe.

Closing the door quietly, she moved further into the room so that she could see through the glass into the main part of the studio. What she saw took her breath away.

There was Gabe, shirtless, hair tied back, sat behind a drum kit. His muscles rippled as his hands flew up and down, gripping the drumsticks firmly. His face was a mask of concentration and sweat trickled down his chest as he beat out the rhythm.

Abby bit her bottom lip as she watched him. Her man had just risen to a whole new level of sex on a stick.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a low chuckle. She blushed as she turned to see Pod grinning at her. He had slipped the headphones off his ears and his eyes twinkled with mischief.

"I would ask what's going through that mind of yours, but I think I can guess."

Abby was about to protest but then just raised her hands. "You got me."

Pod leant forward and pressed a button on the mixing console. The room was filled with the sound of drums as Gabe beat out what sounded like an intricate rhythm.

"I didn't know Gabe could play the drums." Abby spoke as she moved to sit next to Pod.

"Our man can play any instrument he sets his mind to. Much as I hate to admit it, the guys a talented fucker." Pod tried to make light of it but Abby could see how much he admired his best friend.

"What about you? Do you play any other instrument?"

"I play bass and a bit of keyboard, but I prefer to concentrate on guitar."

Just as he finished speaking the room went quiet and he turned to flip more switches on the desk.

"Sounding good mate."

Gabe looked up and grinned at Pod as he wiped his sweat soaked brow with his arm. His eyes lit up when he noticed Abby. Rising from the stool, he slipped the drumsticks into the back pocket of his jeans. Grabbing a towel and made his way towards the door, rubbing his body as he went.

Abby stood up as he flew through the door and pulled her into his embrace.

"Hey baby, I wasn't expecting to see you this early."

"Hey yourself hotshot. I see you have more hidden talents I knew nothing about."

Gabe nuzzled her neck as he pulled her against his body. "Hmmm would you like me to show you how talented I am?"