Chapter 5

Sorry for the delay, hopefully I am back in my stride and will be psoting more often. Thanks for all your support and patience. :)

Chapter 5

"So, you watched the show then?" Gabe asked softly 

"Yes, I...." Abby's voice trailed off, she wasn't sure she could put into words how she felt at that moment.

"Oh baby, you don't know how good it is to hear your voice. I've wanted to call you so many times, but I knew I had to keep my promise and give you time to think." 

" I was the one who sent you away Gabe, I wasn't sure if you would change your mind about me." Her voice quavered over the last words, she was trying desperately to hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

"How could you think that? All the time we've been over here, I have felt as if part of me is missing. I've just been going through the motions Abby, without you I'm lost." 

"Watching you leave that day, was the hardest thing I have ever had to face. I need you in my life Gabe, I love you."  

"I love you so much baby, you are everything to me." 

Abby sniffed and gulped, she was trying so hard to hold it together. The last thing Gabe needed was her snivelling down the phone. But her efforts were in vain. 

"Abby, please don't cry, it breaks my heart to hear you this way." 

She sniffed again and wiped her eyes. 

"I...I'm ok." She whispered. 

"The hell you are." He growled. "Hang up the phone, I'm going to call you back." 

"What? Why?" She stuttered as the line went dead. She looked at her phone in confusion and pressed end call. Now the tears fell thick and fast as she struggled to work out what she had done wrong.

Within seconds, her phone rang except this time if flashed up 'accept face time call'. She hesitated before pressing accept, she really didn't want Gabe to see the state she was in. Taking a deep breath, she wiped a hand over her face in an attempt to hide the tears, as Gabe's face appeared on her screen.

"That's better, well it would be if I hadn't upset you so much." He frowned, as Abby's face came into view. 

"You haven't upset me, I'm just so happy that you still want me." She sobbed. 

"Hey baby, you don't look happy to me. I'm sorry you got dragged into all the shit in my life, and I promise you, I will do whatever it takes to stop anything like that happening again." 

His jaw clenched as he thought of how Cherylynn had nearly destroyed their relationship.

Abby wiped her face again and sniffed, she took a few deep breaths as she tried to calm down. 

"I've been thinking a lot about us since you left, and I realise that there are certain aspects of your life that I have to accept. I may not like them, but they're part and parcel of your lifestyle." 

"No Abby, you don't have to accept them, and if needs be I will change things to make sure you don't have to put up with any of it ever again." 

"No Gabe." Abby interrupted him.  

"Yes baby, I had already been thinking about leaving the band, you just gave me a good reason to do it." 

"I can't ask you to do that, if you walked away from the band you would end up resenting me for it."