Chapter 9

I know, I know, better late than never :)

Chapter 9

Once the guys had showered and changed, they all piled into a stretched limo and made their way to the venue for the after party. 

Gabe insisted on having Abby sit on his lap for the journey, he hugged her tight and nuzzled her neck. 

"Behave." She whispered, as he made her squirm once again. 

Gabe groaned as she moved against him. 

"Are you sure you want to go to this party? We could go straight back to the hotel, if you're....tired." He wiggled his eyebrows at her as he spoke. 

"I really like that idea....." She leaned in and kissed him passionately. "But, would you really deny me the chance of going to my first celebrity party?" 

Gabe just stared at her. His mind had gone blank from the effect of her kiss. 

"That's settled then." She smirked as she heard Helen giggle beside her. 

"Hmm?" He murmured. 

"I said, we're here." Abby laughed again as she slid off his lap. 

Gabe shook his head. As blood started making its way back to his brain from his groin, he came to his senses. 

Before Abby could step out of the limo, he grabbed her arm and pulled her closer. 

"You are so going to pay for that later." 

"Mmmm I can't wait." She gave him a peck on the cheek before pulling away and following the others out of the limo.  

Abby stumbled back in shock as she was blinded by the flash of cameras all around her. Gabe caught hold of her arm as he stepped out of the limo. 

"You could have warned me." 

"Sorry, it's just something I take for granted I suppose." Gabe spoke quietly in her ear as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close. 

"Just keep your head down and walk." 

She kept her head buried in his chest as they walked through the crowd of reporters shouting questions at them. 

Gabe held a tight smile on his face as he pushed them through to the entrance. 

Once they passed the security at the door, things calmed down and they followed the rest of the group through what looked like the lobby of a hotel, to the lifts. 

"So, what is this place?" Abby looked around. 

"This is the High Line Hotel and it has a very exclusive club upstairs." 

"I'm surprised you chose a public place for the after party." 

Gabe grinned down at her. "The record company have hired it for the night, its invitation only. But even on normal nights it's not easy getting into the Boom Boom Room." 

"Oh." Abby realised just how much she needed to learn about the life Gabe and the band led.

When they stepped out of the lift, Abby's eyes went wide and she heard Helen squeal behind her. 

In front of them was a long lounge, with luxurious leather seating set against a wall of windows that looked out over the river. At one end was a circular bar with a gold centre piece that plumed out, almost like a burst of water up to the ceiling. 

A crowd of unfamiliar faces turned to watch their entrance. Women adorned with jewels, wearing designer dresses stood beside well-dressed men in very expensive suits.