Chapter 12

Wow! I must be on a roll lol. I know this chapter is a bit short and a bit of a filler, but it is necessary for the story so bear with me. x

Chapter 12

When Gabe and Abby failed to appear for dinner that evening, the rest of the group decided it would be best to leave them alone for the night. 

Helen waited until 10am to give Abby a call to see if everything was back to normal. 

The sound of his own voice woke Gabe up first. He looked around in confusion and his sleep addled brain finally realised it must be Abby's phone. Reaching across her sleeping form, he grabbed the phone off the bedside table. When he saw Helen's name on the caller id, he smiled and answered it. 

"Morning." His voice had that just woken up rasp to it. 

"Hey Gabe. Sorry if I woke you, but I thought I'd see if you two were going to surface sometime today." 

Abby shifted beside him, her arm sliding over his chest as she mumbled something in her sleep. 

Gabe smiled down at her, his eyes following the curve of her body. He thought of how he had explored every inch of it the night before. His body responded and hardened, making him groan. 

"Gabe?" 

Helen's voice cut through his thoughts as he realised she was still waiting for an answer. 

He cleared his throat before he spoke. 

"Yeah I was just about to get up." 

"I bet you were you dirty git." Pod's voice boomed through the phone. Gabe could hear Helen laughing and he realised her phone was on speaker. 

"Good morning to you too Pod, get your mind out of the gutter." Gabe tried to sound stern, but Pod and Helen could hear he didn't really mean it. 

"Tell me I'm wrong then." Pod joked. 

"Mind your own damn business." Gabe growled back. 

He heard more laughing and a slap. 

"See I told ya." Pod was obviously talking to Helen and Gabe guessed they had just high fived, which was the noise he heard. 

"Excuse me. I can't believe you two were discussing my bedroom habits." He huffed. 

"Ah get over yerself ya eejit." Pod replied, laying on his accent. 

"If you weren't my best mate, I'd come over there and give you a pounding." Gabe warned. 

"Oh yeah. I remember that not working out too well for you in the past." Pod burst out laughing again. 

Gabe decided to ignore Pod's remark, asking instead. "So is there any reason why you need to see us this morning?" 

"Yes Gabe. We wanted to get everyone together for brunch. Us ladies have something we want to discuss with you guys." Helen answered. 

Gabe ran a hand through his hair and frowned at the phone. 

"Is this something I should be worried about? Because to be honest I could do without any more surprises for a while Helen." 

"Stop worrying Gabe, it's nothing bad. Just get your arses out of bed and come over to our suite when you're ready." 

Helen hung up before Gabe could reply which left him staring at the phone in confusion. 

Abby stirred again and slowly opened her eyes. 

"Who were you talking too?" 

Gabe leant down and kissed her nose. "Just your crazy friend."