Chapter 27

Joe walked over to congratulate the happy couple, the blonde bimbo hot on his heels.

Abby had to stifle a laugh at the way the woman's eyes were nearly bugging out of her head as she approached Gabe.

Gabe and Joe did the man hug thing with a lot of backslapping. Then Joe turned to Abby and pulled her into a hug.

"Take good care of my boy. I may come across as an arsehole at times, but I've watched these guys grow up and become what they are today. They're like the sons I never had. I wish you all the happiness in the world, you both deserve it."

Abby was so overcome by his words she had to take a couple of breaths to prevent tearing up. She kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you Joe. Now can you please rescue my husband from your erm friend."

They both turned towards Gabe who was being verbally attacked by Candy.

"Oh my god, like, I never dreamed I would like, meet you. You're like my all time favourite rock star. I have all your albums. Like wow, I don't know what to say."

Joe took hold of her arm and started to pull her away.

"I think Gabe gets it Candy, lets go and get a drink."

"Looks like you just met your number one fan." Abby joked.

"I don't know what possessed Joe to bring her." Gabe groaned.

"But like you know, like she's just adorable." Abby mimicked her whiney voice.

"Please don't ever speak like that again." Gabe grimaced, which had Abby laughing again.

She was about to wind him up further when Pod appeared.

"Do you two want to go and speak to the reporter guy so that he can leave? I'm fed up with watching what I say and do around him. It's time we all relaxed and let loose."

"Damn, I forgot about him. Shall we get this over with?"

Abby shrugged her shoulders. "I don't suppose I have a choice."

"Don't worry, Joe has already told the guy what he can and can't ask." Gabe reassured her.

"Let's get this over with then." Abby sighed.

They decided to conduct the interview in Gabes study, away from any distractions.

The reporter introduced himself before switching on his recorder.

"So first of all I would like to congratulate you both, the ceremony was beautiful."

"Thank you." They replied.

"Did you organise it together?"

"Not at all, my best friend Helen and a few others did everything. We didn't have to lift a finger." Abby surprised herself by answering.

"Who designed your dress?"

"I did, along with the bridesmaids dresses."

"Really? I had no idea you were so talented."

"She is an amazing designer and is in the process of creating a line of clothes."

Gabe squeezed her hand as he smiled at her.

"I don't know about the amazing bit, but it's what I've always wanted to do. So we all got together and formed a company called Storm child."

"So who else is involved?"