Chapter 7

I know this is a short chapter, but I wanted to get something up for all you fans of Gabe and Abby. I promise to keep writing this week and will post more soon. I really appreciate all your messages of support, I know how bad it is when you have to wait for the next chapter. There are a few stories on here that I love and the updates can't come soon enough. Thanks for being so patient. :)

Chapter 7

Spurred on by Lucy and Fiona's enthusiasm for starting her business, Abby set about transforming one of Gabe's spare bedrooms into her studio. Actually, Helen and Mary insisted that Abby supervise while they moved furniture and unpacked boxes. So she spent a lot of time doing research and getting progress updates from Fiona and Lucy, who were busy getting all the company paperwork sorted. The one thing they had yet to decide on was a name and this was something Abby wanted to ask Gabe about when she got to New York. She was finding it really hard not letting anything slip about her plans to him during their daily phone calls. He had remarked that she seemed really hyper and tried to find out why, but she just passed it off as having more energy as her recovery progressed.  

Abby was relieved when Friday rolled around and they were finally on their way to the airport, she hated keeping things from Gabe. And to make the journey even more exciting, Fiona and Lucy decided to surprise their husbands and fly over as well. 

They flew first class and were treated like VIP's the whole trip. Abby and Helen were in awe of the luxury, having only ever travelled on cheap flights to Europe. Fiona and Lucy kept making fun of them as one thing after another made their jaws drop. They were having so much fun that before they knew it, the fasten seat belts sign flashed on, and the captain announced they would be landing shortly.

Abby barely noticed the constant chatter from Helen as she pointed out some of the famous New York landmarks. Her stomach was in knots, in anticipation of seeing Gabe. She was excited, but also worried about how he would take her news. She knew he loved her, but was he ready to be a father and how would he feel about her going against the doctors' advice. 

She tried to push her worries away as they neared the hotel. They were going to get freshened up and then meet the band at the stadium for their sound check. Her plan was to wait until Sunday to speak to Gabe, she didn't want to distract him until the last two gigs were over.

The guys were relaxing in their dressing room, while they waited to be called for the final sound check. Gabe was a bundle of nervous energy, having received a text from Abby to say they had landed safely. He couldn't wait to hold her in his arms and kiss her senseless. He also had big plans for their extended stay in New York. His gaze drifted to his leather jacket that held the key ingredient to those plans. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that Pod had to kick him to let him know his phone was ringing.  

He was brought back to earth with a thud when he recognised Joe's ring tone. With a sigh he slid his finger over his iPhone to accept the call.

"Gabe, my main man, how's things in the Big Apple?" Joe boomed over the phone. 

"Everything's fine Joe, you know I would call if there was a problem."  

"I know you would, and I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a record breaking tour. The returns have been phenomenal, and your album sales are through the roof." 

"Thanks Joe, it's been good. Tiring, but good. I think I speak for all the guys when I say we're glad it's nearly over though." As much as Gabe appreciated Joe's enthusiasm over the success of the tour, he couldn't help feeling that it wasn't the only reason for his call. 

"Great to hear Gabe, and you get to see your little lady this weekend as well, so you must be over the moon." 

"Couldn't be happier." 

"Good, good...." Joe's voice trailed off as if he was deep in thought, which only heightened Gabe's suspicions. 

"So, was there anything else you wanted to tell me?"  

"Now that you mention it." Here it comes, he thought, as he waited for whatever bombshell Joe was about to drop. 

"My team has finally tracked down Cherylynn and we have thrashed out a settlement with her." 

"Okay." Gabe paced the floor of the dressing room and Pod raised an eyebrow as if to ask what was going on. 

"I think you will be pleased with what she has offered." 

"Uh huh." 

"She is willing to pay $500,000, which you can donate to your favourite charity and she will also make a public apology. But she will call it a prank that went wrong. There will be no mention of the date rape thing." 

"Fair enough, but I know Cheryl and she wouldn't do this unless she got something out of it. What does she want?" 

Joe cleared his throat and Gabe held his breath. 

"She only has one stipulation." 

"Oh yeah and what's that?" Gabe had a very bad feeling about this. 

"She insists on giving you the check and the apology on stage tomorrow night." Joe said the sentence so quickly that Gabe thought he had misheard him at first. But as the silence dragged on he realised that Joe was serious. 

"No fucking way." Gabe growled down the phone. 

Pod, Gaz and Phil all stood up and moved closer to Gabe, in an attempt to hear what was going on. 

"Oh come on Gabe, it's not that bad." 

"The hell it isn't, I don't want that manipulative bitch anywhere near me or Abby." 

Joe let out a loud breath before he dealt the final blow. 

"If she doesn't get what she wants, she will drag this through the courts in a very public way. She claims that whatever we used against her to agree a settlement, will be nothing to the dirt she has on you." 

"So what did you use?" Gabe's free hand clenched and unclenched as he spoke. 

"My team dug up certain videos of her, erm partying to the extreme." 

"Well that's just great Joe. You blackmailed her and now she's calling your bluff and I'm stuck in the middle." 

"You wanted this mess cleared up Gabe, we could have just let it go and the press would have eventually forgotten about it." 

"Right. That is until they want to fill some column inches on a piece about me. Then it all gets dragged up again." 

"Well if that's what you think, there is only one way out." 

Gabe ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. 

"I need to speak to Abby before I make a decision, I'll call you back after the show." He hung up before Joe could reply and slammed his fist against the wall. 

"Why won't that bitch leave me the hell alone." He yelled. 

The rest of the band stood in silence as Gabe raged. They knew him well enough to let him blow off some steam before they started asking questions.